Wondering about wild grapes

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Wondering; what’s for breakfast?

What is your usual breakfast? There are so many different things people like to eat in the morning, from steak and eggs to cereal and juice.



I can eat anything for breakfast but for the last year or so I have been eating the same thing. I make up a mixture that I eat with my fingers while blogging in the morning. In fact, I just now finished a bowl. Here is what I do. I start out with Rice Checks (which my dogs beg for so loose some of them) and add walnuts, dried dates, pineapple, banana chips, and oat bran sticks. This is a mixture that I really like. When I have fresh bananas I will also eat one of them first, and then my mixture. Today, I just had my mixture and it was just as good as it always is.


Have you ever had a breakfast that stood out in your memory? One time, back in late 1980 or early 1981, I flew from Houston to Indianapolis in the company jet to look at some new equipment that we were thinking about purchasing, and they served us breakfast of filet mignon and eggs on the flight up there. A nine or ten mile high breakfast on a private jet with a pilot who was a son of an astronaut doesn’t get any better than that!! We flew above all the commercial air traffic and a lot faster. It was a breakfast to remember.


But I am just as full now after my “mixture” and today’s breakfast was probably better for me. Now, tell me what you had this morning or what your usual breakfast is.

PS, in answer to Frann’s comment yesterday where she said, “I guess for a channel cat you need a channel!”  Well Fran, I would imagine that it would increase your chances if you fished in a channel and dipped the lure in Chanel #5. (grin)

11 comments:

  1. My favorite is Grands biscuits with gravy and Wright's bacon. Yummy and filling. I use Pioneer gravy mix.(I don't like gravy made from grease)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael, White gravey and biscuits is so very, very good. Yum, you got me hungery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your breakfast sounded like something Euell Gibbons would eat, "Taste like fresh hickory nuts"!!

    I'll say it again, I didn't fight and claw my way to the top of the Food chain just to eat grass and sticks!!

    I like the breakfast Michael had, today for me was a Jimmy Dean mix, tatters, bell peppers, sausage and scramble an egg in it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a good order of biscuits and gravy, but they do seem to be few and far between. I guess no one here really knows how to do them.

    My typical breakfast is a McD's Sausage Biscuit and a large diet Dr. Pepper. Not the healthiest, but it's on the way to work, cheap and quick. I eat this about every week day.

    However, my all time favorite I had in a place called Bayfield, WI. That's all the way on the northern edge of Wisconsin, on the shore of Lake Superior, about 8 hours from here. I had the best biscuits and gravy, with pancakes and chicken fried steak. I haven't gone since Labor Day last, but I hope to go again this Labor Day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man, I could have gone all day without having you talking about biscuits and gravy! Now I want me some!

    When I was in the service, my favorite breakfast was S.O.S. with eggs over easy on the side! Hash browns, cold chocolate milk and hot coffee to finish...I was set for the day!

    Is it soup yet? Man, I'm HUNGRY!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ben, how did you know that Euell Gibbons was my hero?

    Grant, if I am ever up that way, I will have to eat at that restaurant in Bayfield for sure.

    Hermit, I always loved S.O.S., especially with eggs and hash browns. My Mom used to fix me that a lot. Dang, I just finished lunch and these comments are making me hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do make a mean batch of spicy homefries. Local eggs, whole wheat bread and maybe some turkey sausage. Or I could go as simple as a hard boiled egg, or a bowl of oatmeal. Depends on the day I've got lined up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Typical breakfast is a sausage,egg and cheese on a biscuit and coffee. Or biscuits and sausage gravy. Hard to believe my cholesterol level is normal. But a breakfast like that usually lasts till i get home from work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I eat on post at the Dining Facility every work morning, and usually have just oatmeal with raisins, cinnamon and honey, with 2 glasses of OJ and lots of coffee. The 'typical breakfast' ordered as such in Spanish (which I can't spell right tonight) here in Honduras is egg usually over easy, fried plantains, refried beans, tortilla, fried 'ham' which looks like Spam, a white creamy sauce like thin yogurt but with more taste, and a small block of white cheese. You can order this at the Wendys at the airport in San Pedro Sula on the way out of town. :) I will miss this when I leave down here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sixbears, sounds good to me. I always keep bottles of all different types of hot sauce around just to liven things up a bit.

    Seth, Way back when I lived in Pennsylvania, I would eat a huge greasy breakfast before I would go out deer hunting on a cold, snowy December morning and it would keep me warm and going for hours.

    Barney, that sounds like a good healthy way to start a day. When I eat cereal, it is oatmeal with butter and honey, and of course Rice Checks in my “trail mix”.

    Shadowmoss, I like your usual breakfast, and of course the “typical” one sounds real good. My big problem is that I like to eat and enjoy almost all food, but am now careful of what I eat.

    ReplyDelete