Wondering about wild grapes

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Gonna go wander around the flea market

Dang, where did this week go to? I must have missed a day or two in this past week; it just can’t be Saturday already, can it? Well yes it is and it is “flea market day”. Saturday is not the “big” day at the flea market, Sunday is. There are at least twice as many vendors set up on Sunday as there are on Saturday. I am not sure why that is, but then, I am not a flea market expert.



The attraction is the unknown. When you go to Wally-World you know what to expect to see and they usually have the same things week after week. I have to admit that sometimes I find surprises there, but rarely. The flea market is different; you just never know what you are going to see. There may be a treasure or a bargain just beyond the next table. I have found quite a few bargains and so has my wife. I guess it is like hunting, fishing, and gold prospecting, it is the hunting that is enjoyable and the finding is just the icing on the cake.


Last Saturday the Indian Artist, that I like, was there. He is the one that teases me when I walk by his table by calling me Billy Gibbons. Last Saturday I stopped and told him about what happened to me in Pennsylvania when I was driving out of an RV park in my Jeep. A fellow stopped me and ask if I was from Texas. I told him yes I was. He then asked me if I played the guitar. I told him yes I did. He then pointed at me and said. “Billy Gibbons”! I said yes I am and rolled the window up and drove off laughing. I don’t know if he believed me or not and I will never know. Maybe I made his day.


Well, I am not going to take any more time on this blog today. Going to go get something to eat and then head off for the flea market. Do you all want to come along?

4 comments:

  1. I don't know, Dizzy. I kinda think John Wells looks more like Billy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks but I guess I'll pass on the flea market.

    And shoot, maybe if you got you some cheap sunglasses you could pass for ole Billy Gibson
    Could it be?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon, I don't think I look like him either, but wish I had his money (grin).

    Ben, I wear sunglasses everytime I go out. And they are not very expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun and I wish you many treasures!

    ReplyDelete