Wondering about wild grapes

Saturday, March 5, 2011

I think it is Saturday

Went to bed last night and it was in the mid to upper 60’s here. Then about 04:30 my one dog woke me up. She is deathly afraid of anything that goes “Bang”, like guns, fireworks, and thunder. She can hear it when it is way, way off in the distance. Distance doesn’t matter to her; she started prancing around the bed stopping once in awhile to lick my face to make sure that I was up. She must have thought that I could make it go away.


When she gets like that you can not comfort her. So, my good night’s sleep got ruined. Anyway, the front made it through and the temperatures are supposed to steadily drop until it reaches 35 degrees Sunday morning. That will be a shock to my system, just got used to all the 70 and 80 degree weather. Guess it is true that there is nothing between the North Pole and here but a few strands of barbed wire. . .

Speaking of cold, I noticed the beginning of an article in one of my new magazines that started off “Titanic Ice . . .” Of course, the first thought that jumped into my head was about the ship named Titanic and it’s collision with an ice burg. Well, that was not what it was about. The complete title was “Titanic Ice Volcanoes” and it was an article about the largest of Saturn’s moons, Titan, and it’s volcanoes that spew out ice instead of lava. Yep, it is sort of cold there.

Oh, speaking of astronomy, most objects in space have long names, especially stars. Do you know what star has the shortest name? Think about it and I will tell you tomorrow if you were correct.

One more thing, go to Old Fool’s Journal and wish him a happy Dickmas.

3 comments:

  1. This quiz sounds like a trick to me. One of my favorites is 'Who is buried in Grant's Tomb!'

    You'd be surprised at the answers I get!

    The best answer came from a 9 year old who said "We haven't studied that in school yet!"

    His buddies very worldly sister who was 13 years old at the time, gesticulated with by slapping herself on the forehead as she hollered at the boys, "Its 'Grant's Tomb!' Ya get it, Grant! Its GRANT's Tomb" as she stomped off and uttered a disgusting 'H--aaaarumph' as she went!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I'm ashamed to admit it but I don't know any star's names,so can't make a guess.Sorry,Blessings jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ernest, now would a nice guy like me try to trick you?

    Jane, out of all the trilions and trilions of stars out there, are you sure you don't know any of their names?

    ReplyDelete