Wondering about wild grapes

Friday, July 31, 2015

Oh where, oh where is he.

Oh were is he?  Who am I talking about?  It was forty years ago today when union activist and leader and gangster, Jimmy Riddle Hoffa disappears.  What happened to him?  That is the riddle and that is also his middle name (grin).

He and I do have something in common.  NO!!  I am not a gangster.  He was born on Feb. 14, 1913, exactly 30 years before I was.  Yes we were both Valentine's Day babies, but that is where the similarities end!!  Did you know that he was born in Brazil?  OK, I don't want to mislead you, he was born in Brazil, Indiana.  He just vanished and presumed dead.  He could have died then or he could have just disappeared to keep from dying.  I have no idea which was the case.  If he were alive today he would be 102 years old, so I doubt that he is still alive and kicking.  You know, I hate to say this but I don't miss him at all.  Now, if any of you know where Jimmy is, you will let us know won't you?  Now you all have a great day, you hear!! 

12 comments:

  1. Foundation footing for column 38, plans revision 4.7,"The Meadowlands", ie. Giant's Stadium, New Jersey, where all discarded Teamsters go to "retire".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wil, you answered my questions. If too many more go there to retire, they may have to move to column 39. . .

      Delete
  2. Feb..14 is the day the USA forced me into military slavery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that is so nice. . . You are the military's Valentine.

      Delete
  3. No matter where Jimmy met his end, he got what was coming to him. I didn't realize he would be that old by now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me neither, I guess time flies when you are having fun . . . and the older you get.

      Delete
  4. We probably don't really want to know just where ol' Jimmy is. Some things are better left alone, ya know?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. If he were found it just might open up a huge can of worms.

      Delete
  5. Guess I don't miss him either... but have to admit I think about him every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh yeaaa, the good old beginning days of strong unions. I was forced (against my will) to join a union when I got my first job and a couple of years later when I took a salaried job, I got out of the union. Yes, unions did a great service at the beginning but then they got a little too powerful.

      Delete
  6. He must have been good from then on,,,, lol, never heard another word about him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK, that could be another answer, but I doubt it (grin).

      Delete