Wondering about wild grapes

Sunday, July 19, 2015

Cartoon From a Friend

Yesterday, I posted about our ninth planet, Pluto.  My friend, Erma, who lives in Pennsylvania, sent me this cartoon about the Pluto Flyby.  It sure gave me a laugh and I hope it gives you one, too:


This cartoon came from the Pittsburgh Tribune Review.

Then I got a comment from another friend, The Odd Essay, who mentioned the two fellows who discovered Pluto, Bill and Clyde Tombaugh.  And we can't forget the one who named the planet, an eleven year old girl named Venetia Burney.  She named it Pluto after the Roman god of the underworld.

I just wanted to show you this cartoon in the hopes the you have a great day, you hear?

6 comments:

  1. That is a very cute cartoon. I have been enjoying all the reports form Pluto.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that cartoon and thank you for sharing. I am totally mesmerized by the reports about Pluto and can't believe it's going to take weeks and even months to get all the data and pictures back here on earth. We have gotten so used to instant communication, this sort of puts us in our places, doesn't it. To me, Pluto is much more interesting than Mars or any of the other planets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had to time our trip there when Pluto was on the same side of the sun as we are. Makes communications much easier.

      Delete
  3. I met Clyde Tombaugh once, he was visiting the RASC group in Edmonton, Alberta and gave a presentation on the discovery of Pluto. At least they had the decency to wait until he passed before downgrading Pluto.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny cartoon... I'll have to share that one with Bill.

    ReplyDelete