Wondering about wild grapes

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Faith and Good Answers

Some people try to test a persons faith.  They believe that they are logical people and faith and prayer are fruitless exercises.  I tend to disagree.  Faith and prayer have helped me immensely through the years.  I found this story on the internet this morning and it is an explanation of this and it may also give you a little chuckle or two: 


A boy was sitting on a park bench with one hand resting on an open Bible. He was loudly exclaiming his praise to God. "Hallelujah! Hallelujah! God is great!" he yelled without worrying whether anyone heard him or not. 

 Shortly after, along came a man who had recently completed some studies at a local university. Feeling himself very enlightened in the ways of truth and very eager to show this enlightenment, he asked the boy about the source of his joy. 
  
 "Hey" asked the boy in return with a bright laugh, "Don't you have any idea what God is able to do? I just read that God opened up the waves of the Red Sea and led the whole nation of Israel right through the middle." 

 The enlightened man laughed lightly, sat down next to the boy and began to try to open his eyes to the "realities" of the miracles of the Bible. "That can all be very easily explained. Modern scholarship has shown that the Red Sea in that area was only 10-inches deep at that time. It was no problem for the Israelites to wade across." 

 The boy was stumped. His eyes wandered from the man back to the Bible laying open in his lap. The man, content that he had enlightened a poor, naive young person to the finer points of scientific insight, turned to go. 
Scarcely had he taken two steps when the boy began to rejoice and praise louder than before. The man turned to ask the reason for this resumed jubilation. "Wow!" exclaimed the boy happily, "God is greater than I thought! Not only did He lead the whole nation of Israel through the Red Sea, He topped it off by drowning the whole Egyptian army in 10-inches of water!"
OK, now you all have a great day, you hear?

16 comments:

  1. I love this, Dizzy!!! What some people will try to do to knock Faith is unbelievable - but not mine and obviously not yours, either, praise be to God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Faith can come in different forms, and for different viewpoints on who(or what) God is; you are talking about Christian faith, and Christians don't have the monopoly on faith.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are correct, but the Christian faith is the only one I know a lot about because that is my chosen faith.

      Delete
  3. Having experienced a few "miracles" in my life I have no trouble with faith... mine or anyone else's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have experienced a few miracles, too.

      Delete
  4. My faith in God and prayer are what keeps me going. And Miracles do happen! Thanks for a great post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they sure do, Linda, and thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  5. How can anyone NOT believe in God. I've had so many prayers answered, miracles too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know, Trouble. But there are quite a few who don't.

      Delete
    2. "Except you be as one of these little children" . . . .

      Delete
    3. Yep, my wife says that I act childish sometimes (grin). I do know the scripture you are referring to.

      Delete
  6. Well, that was a Gotcha! for sure... I believe that everyone has a right to their own faith, and to believe or not believe in God as they choose. As long as it doesn't interfere with another's faith and belief.

    I was raised in the Christian faith and learned about God when I was young, so it's a part of who I am. The older I get, the more it means to me. I don't wear my religion on my sleeve, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can't all be right and we can't all be wrong. Having faith is a private decision only you can make.

      Delete