Wondering about wild grapes

Thursday, July 2, 2015

Got New Reading Material

I bought a new (actually I believe it was a "once read") book at Hastings Book Store in Conroe, TX.  All the preppers I have heard about stock pile food, water, firearms, and other supplies in case of a doomsday caused by zombies or nuclear war, etc.  I decided that maybe I should have a handbook to help me and my family survive an alien invasion from outer space. . . Here is the handbook that I bought:

There now, I feel a lot safer, or at least I will after I read it.  It does say that it is SECRET, so I may not be allowed to divulge what all it says, but if you promise not to tell anyone, I may just let you in on a few of its secrets, that is, after I start to read it.  It says it has actual documentation of past encounters with alien beings.  Like I said, I will let you in on some of them as soon as I read it.

When I was a kid and my parents and I were visiting my grandparents, when we were leaving, my grandpa would always wave and yell to us "Keep looking upwards".  Maybe if I read this book I will know what he meant (grin).  Actually, I knew what he meant and it didn't have anything to do with aliens.  Now, you all keep looking upwards and have a great day, you hear?

BTW, just in case you thought I was being serious, I bought that book in the "humor" section. 

8 comments:

  1. I think prepping for any kind of disaster is a good idea, but not to the extremes they feature on TV. I'd like to have the space to store some extra water - if the power goes off for an extended period I would be in a word of hurt. Living in a city there isn't much you can do, especially at my age.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would hate to have to live in a city. Almost all my life I have lived in the country. I just don't feel comfortable in a city.

      Delete
  2. When my Mom lived with us (on the farm) we bought a generator to use if the electricity went off during a winter storm... but for the most part we've been fairly self sufficient. Don't know what we'd do if aliens came along and don't suppose it matters if nuclear or germ warfare were involved. I'd probably look upward.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I know what you mean. I hate to say this, but I am old enough to remember hand pumps in the kitchen sink. Don't remember for sure, but they may have been hooked up to a cistern.

      Delete
  3. Years ago on a farm in Missouri we had an old hand pump well. Everything had to be pumped up and I was the very small designated "pumpee". When the pump handle went up, I went with it. Sometimes I would feel sorry for myself having to pump and haul in the delicious, refreshing well water, but now I daydream about having another well with a hand pump on it. It would be a pleasure and a treasure these days -- and perhaps a source of survival.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, quite a job for a little girl. Another thing, they had to be primed and when you are finished getting the water you wanted, you had to leave some extra for priming the next time.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  4. I remember my grandpa telling me a story when I were young, he said he would sometimes do some work for a neighbor, an old man, and when he finished and went inside the old man would tell him, 'the bread's in the box and the coffee's on the stove'. my grandpa got a kick out of telling me this story which was probly 60 yrs or better in the past and I would try to imagine him as a young boy or man and I couldn't do it, all I could see was my old grandpa there the way he looked to me then and always had. now I understand a little better as I'm easing in to becoming an old man myself.

    ReplyDelete