Wondering about wild grapes

Monday, July 15, 2013

Wondering about a flower card.

I thought that you would like to see the latest card my wife made.  As I told you before, she makes and sends one to my Aunt in a Pennsylvania nursing home every week-day but she works on them every day.  In fact she is sitting in her recliner working on one as I write this blog.  Here is a picture that I took of one she made yesterday to send today:
 
 
 
Yes, they are three dimensional.  I took a picture of it at an angle so that you could see that the petals of the flowers stand out:
 

And of course, she needed an envelope to put it in:


 
 
 This is just a small sampling of the cards she makes.  If you want to see the hundreds that she has made, I guess you will just have to go to Pennsylvania and visit my Aunt.  Hope these flowers brightened up day.  I now have to get busy and write a poem to go with this card.  Even though this is Monday, have a great day anyway, you hear?

13 comments:

  1. I bet everyone at the nursing home loves to see all the beautiful cards come in. Each day a treasure comes in the mail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. butterbean carpenterJuly 15, 2013 at 9:57 AM

    HOWDY DD,,

    THOSE ARE WONDERMOUS AND BEAUTEMOUS AND SHE IS ONE FINE PAPER-CUTTER !!!!

    HOPE Y'ALL HAVE A REALLY HAPPY DAY !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW,,, what a beautiful card. I bet the halls are filled with these on the walls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sixbears, yes, they told me that all the nurses and caretakers stop in to see the latest cards.

    Butterbean, I will relay the measage to her. I think she is wondermous, too.

    Trouble, They leave the latest sitting on every flat surface for her to see and her daughter takes the older ones home to store for her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and the wife are certainly some creative folks! That's a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HJ, thank you. Since you said that maybe I will start another small painting.

      Delete
  6. I love this story. I spent lots of time at a nursing home when my dad was there, and can only imagine how much those cards mean to all who see them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It gives us pleasure to bring some joy to all those people who need some in their lives.

      Delete
  7. It always seems to be more touching and personal when you receive a hand made card. Someone had to put all their thoughts into getting it right just for you. What a lovely card your wife made and I bet the recipients were pleased. Have a lovely week Dizzy-Dick.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your wife does beautiful work, and what a ministry she has to your aunt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rum-Punch Drunk, anything personal is better than just generic. My wife spends a lot her time making cards. I help out once in awhile, but always wrtie the poems to suit the cards.

    Jill, Yes she sure does and my wife really enjoys making them. We hope the receiving end enjoys them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your wife is amazing! I can't imagine how she can continually come up with ideas for cards, but I guess you are pretty amazing too for writing all the poems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It keeps us out of trouble and gives us something to do. If someone enjoys our efforts, all the better.

      Delete