Wondering about wild grapes

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Going to the doctor.

I only take one little low dose prescription for blood pressure. Normally the doctor just OKs another round of the prescription when it runs out. This time he refused to re-order it, so I must go in and see him. I can understand, since the last time I saw him was way back in 2010 sometime. So I will keep this short because I have a very early appointment and my wife decided to get an appointment, also. I guess you can tell I do not like to go to the doctors. Now, I have been to the eye doctors, the skin doctors, and the dentist, but I haven’t been to my GP. This should take care of it for another year or so.



OK, I got some information for Hermit Jim for the next time he has coffee on the patio. Studies have shown that coffee seems to give you a reduced risk of cancer. A study took a 20 year look at almost 50,000 men and it showed men who drank 6 or more cups a day were 18 percent less likely than nondrinkers to get prostate cancer and 60 percent less likely to die from it. Drinking even one to three cups daily lowered the risk of dying by 29 percent. Oh, and by the way, even caffeine free coffee worked, so it must be something else in the coffee. So, I think I will join Jim and have a big, strong cup of Joe.


OK, got to run. You all have a great day now, you hear?

7 comments:

  1. Hopefully, you will get lots of re-fills with the doctors visit. Always a good idea to stay a little ahead with meds...glad you don't have the need for many.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Doc sounds exactly like mine!! Shoot we maybe taking the same drug even!! Don't ya just hate having to go for a poke and probe for just that one dang pill?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey DD, didn't you leave your mind doc out? hahahaha (had to say that)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ain’t for, I will be 69 next month and I think I am in pretty good shape for being that old. Now that I said that, I will probably drop dead. . .

    Ben, I also request a three month prescription so if I am traveling, I don’t have to be back every month at the same time to get refills.

    Trouble, I know I am “dizzy” so what else will a shrink tell me??? You sound like my wife (grin).

    ReplyDelete
  5. See? I knew I was doing something right!

    Heck, as much coffee as I drink I may just live to be a hundred!

    Good luck on the visit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been a coffee drinker since I was about 13, and have ignored all the periodic warnings against it. I'll drink it until the day I die!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HJ, You do a lot of things right and I hope you go way over 199.

    Gypsy, I like my coffee extra, extra strong and prefere Columbian.

    ReplyDelete