Wondering about wild grapes

Monday, November 7, 2011

Wondering how you got through it?

You do know that most all of you reading this blog just survived the longest weekend of the year? Yep, all those people who live in states that have daylight savings time, this was the weekend to turn your clocks back. That makes it the longest weekend of the year. This last weekend had 49 hours in it instead of the normal 48 hours. Yep, I hate to tell you this but you are now an hour older than you thought you were!!! Bummer!!! Just hold on. If you can survive being an extra hour old, you will get it taken away next spring when we go back on daylight savings time.



I personally don’t like it. If you want to change the daily routine by an hour, why doesn’t everybody and all industry, etc. just change their schedules? I know why it was started way back during WW2, but there again; they could have just changed work starting and quitting times. Some states do not do the daylight savings time thing. Arizona and Indiana were two of them that come to mind. Not sure if they still abstain or not.


I guess parts of Oklahoma got shook up this weekend with a pretty strong earthquake. Glad to hear that there was only minor damage and no serious injuries or deaths. There seems to be too many bad things happening these days. Hey, you all have a great day now, you hear?

6 comments:

  1. Well shoot Dizzy, this time change thingy thing mess's me up every time it happens. Makes me wanna move to Arizona. But then, when you are traveling, ya get time changes more than 2 times a year. Them mess me up too. "What time is it"???
    "Hell, I don't know....what State am I in"??
    See what I mean?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The time is now. That's usually good enough for me. As far as I'm concerned, they can do away with the whole daylight savings time thing.

    Oklahoma did get quite a jolt. That's another quake where they don't usually happen. Can't help but wonder what's going on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ran over to this site...http://www.webexhibits.org/daylightsaving/e.html And discovered a lot I did not know ablut the time change. Here is one of the things that made it happen::
    Time Uniformity Committee's goal was accomplished, but only after discovering and disclosing that on the 35-mile stretch of highway (Route 2) between Moundsville, W.V., and Steubenville, Ohio, every bus driver and his passengers had to endure seven time changes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lololo Anon...that's a good one. I like Sixbears answer too, it is what it is. That's how i handle it too.
    It would really mess me up if just this state didn't cooperate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. BB, at our age time flies by too fast and we need an extra hour any time we can get it. When I travel, I never set my watch in the different zones. I eat when I am hungry, go to sleep when I am tired, and get up when I am rested. Who needs to know what time it is?

    6bears, I agree, we could do without it. And yes the mid section of the US got some shaking going on;

    Anon, things have evolved through history but some should be reconsidered, like changing the time twice a year.

    Trouble, it doesn’t take too much to get me confused, so when I make an appointment, I ask what time it is now, to make sure we are on the same page.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, Arizona has remained Daylight Savings Free. They get lots of Daylight, don't need no stinkin' Savings.

    ReplyDelete