Wondering about wild grapes

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

My Son's Deer

My Son, stopped by on Monday and showed us the antlers of the last deer that he shot.  I think that it is a nice looking rack and one to be proud of.  Here are a couple of pictures:


That buck had a wide spread for sure.  Not bad, not bad at all.

I also noticed this frog sitting inside the center mounting hole in an old tire.  He seemed so contended and happy.  I bet he didn't need to move at all to keep himself well fed.

Is that a lucky shamrock plant beside him?  Maybe he turns into a Leprechaun at night.  Maybe he is protecting his pot of gold.  Maybe I just have too big of an imagination. . .  So you all find your pot of gold and have a great day, you hear?

9 comments:

  1. Bet that was a nice bit of venison.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like an 8 point to me. I'd be proud to get one of those. 6 is the best I ever did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is he going to mount it? Might make a good hood ornament for the MH!

    Ol' froggy seems content to be where he is at!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dizzy what happened to old fool?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I beleive you are to kiss frogs. He did look happy enough without a kiss. Deer, we are over run with them. Driving at night is dangerous, bring on hunting season!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Old fool passed away not long ago, justastick.

    ReplyDelete
  7. He's not hiding a pot of gold but a pot of poop. Just kidding. Hi Dizzy-dick! You remind me of Santa Claus. Except you are a wonderful blogger and Santa is always hiding.

    financial adviser

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sixbears, I am sure it was but I didn't get any of it and I love it.

    David, I would call it an eight point, but it has another little numb in on it.

    Trouble, it is cute.

    HJ, don't know. I have one of my Dad's eighteen point buck he shot in Pennsylvania.

    Justastick, he passed away. Had a stroke.

    Jill, I don't think I will kiss it, don't need a prince around here.

    Trouble, yes he did.

    Hanna, maybe I need to check for the gold.

    ReplyDelete