Wondering about wild grapes

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

My Swamp

Good morning, it is Tuesday already and we are out of groceries. Guess I will be heading out for supplies this morning. Thought I would show some pictures of my "swamp". It is not quite a desert. At least most of the time.

I live on about 12 acres in East Texas. This "swamp", as I call it, when full covers almost half of it.


It is full of life. Everything from large bass, turtles, snakes, frogs of all kinds, and sirens to nutria, coons, possums, wading birds, ducks, Ferrel hogs, deer, and all kinds of thirsty animals. It is what made me purchase this property to begin with. I loved it.




Here are some rare winter pictures. Rare you say. Yep, we do have a winter here in this part of Texas, as I tell people. Last year it came on a Thursday (grin).




Maybe in another blog I will show you some pictures of the wildlife.

Some benefits of growing old: The summer reruns are new to me. . . .

5 comments:

  1. I always enjoyed visiting East Texas and the thickets, BUT I could never live there. I GOT to be able to see a long way.. That was one thing that I really liked about living in West Texas in Alpine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea Ben, I know what you mean. I used to live up near Justin (before the race track and airport). I had three or four fence line trees on my place, but the only ones you could see, and you could see for miles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still planning on moving down this way?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hay David,

    You know what they say about plans, "The best laid plans of Mice and Men off go . . . ."

    Well, yes, but. How's that for an answer.

    YES, I am planning on it, BUT don't know if I can make it happen before I run out of life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks very beautiful there DD, I would like to see shots of your motorhome too and maybe your home if it's not something you wish to keep private. Good to see you posting...

    ReplyDelete