I got wondering about some useless facts. Yep, they may be useless but they are fun and interesting, so I guess that makes them useful for something, right? Well I am going to make use out of some of them by putting them in my blog. OK, here is the first one: No!! Let me make it a little more interesting. Instead of just listing the facts, I am going to make it a test. I will list the questions and then at the end of the post I will list the correct answers. You will be on your honor system to report how many you got right.
1. What is a necropsy?
2. What does karoke mean in Japan?
3. Where is the geographical center of North America?
4. What percentage of the world's mail does the the U.S. Post Office handle?
5. Which is hotter, the surface of the sun or a lightning bolt?
6. What is the longest word typed with only the left hand?
7. What is the only continent that doesn't have land areas below sea level?
8. What Piece of Marilyn Monroe's clothing was sold for $14,000.00.
9. What is a "palindrome"?
10. What is the only English word that ends in "amt"?
OK, just ten simple questions that you all should know, right? Well, let us just see how smart you all are. Below are the correct answers. Now, tell us how many of them did you get right?
1. A necropsy is an autopsy on animals.
2. Karoke means empty orchestra in Japan.
3. Rygby, North Dakota is at the center.
4. 43 percent.
5. A lightning bolt can be up to five times hotter than the sun's surface.
8. Her bra, worn in the film "Some Like It Hot".
9. A word or sentence that is the same front and back, like racecar or kayak.
Hope you all enjoyed this little quiz and that you all got them all correct. Please let us know how well you did and no matter what your score, I hope you all had a great time taking the quiz and that you will have a great day, today, you hear?