Wondering about wild grapes

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Wondering where I'm going to put it all?

As I have told you before, we try to go to the flea market on the weekends.  Usually if we bring home anything it fits in my wife's "shopping" bag or a small plastic bag.  Not so today.  Let me start from the beginning.  We did our usual walk through and the wife bought a few dollar items.  She said that she wanted to go inside.  (They have a huge inside flea market mall sort of thing with lots of booths.)  One of her friends has a booth right inside the door.  I said OK, but I would sit in the car and wait.  I put the seat back and turned on the radio and shut my eyes.  It seemed like only minutes when the passenger side door opened and it was her returning.  Wow, I thought, that didn't take long.  Well think again, you wise old sage.  (I am old and probably smell like sage - wise?  Not so much.)  She said to drive around to the end of the building facing the road.  I inquired for what reason and she said that she bought a couple of things and I could load them in the back of my Jeep.  Now, we have an old 2004 Jeep Liberty and there ain't much room behind the rear seat.  So after I drove over there, I laid the rear of the back seat down so that there would be more room.

I got a few of the things into my Jeep, but we gave up and she called our son.  He has a big full size truck, a Ford F350 with a double cab.  He showed up and we got everything home.  Then the fun began.  Where was she going to put them.  I brought some in the side door and some in the front door and some in the back door.  I used my two wheel dolly where I could, but some of that stuff was really heavy.  I am now three inches shorter than I was before I lugged that stuff into the house.  Yea, I know, you want pictures.

A book case on the right, a table/cabinet in front, and a high back bench behind on the left.


 Did you see the gargoyle in the above picture?  Yep, the one that was in the tree that my son cut down.  I guess it figured since we took his home tree away from him, he would squat in some of our new stuff.


 Here is a closer picture:


 And a different view from a different angle:


 This is the bench.  Let me tell you, it is HEAVY!!  And it is built very strong.  It had to be to with stand the juggling and zig-zag walking it in the house on two of its legs on one end.  There are places I couldn't use the two wheeled cart.

 OK,
That is all the pictures.  Everything is in the house and placed where the wife wants them.  I hope she doesn't change her mind.  I had no idea of where they would fit, but guess what, she got them in and they fit and all is well.  Beautiful day today.  Now you all have a great day today, you hear?

9 comments:

  1. Well, they look like interesting pieces for sure. Are they going to be refinished in any way? I should be the one shopping at a big flea market but I just don't have the patience to do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, we kind of like them the way they are. It took the lady and her husband a lot of work to get them looking that way.

      Delete
  2. WOW! Looks like the wife scored today! That will teach ya to pay attention!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep H.J., live and learn and pay attention. All is in place in our home now and they look good.

      Delete
  3. Like they say...beauty is in the eye of the beholder...and your wife must of seen something in those pieces she acquired.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure she did. Actually, I am now using one to put all my stuff in and placed it beside the back door. That way when I am fixing to leave, I have everything in one place and behind a closed door.

      Delete
  4. Gosh, kinda in shock. Just read about Butterbean being killed in a wreck on the 11th. It's on RVSue, the link.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh No!! Didn't know. That is very, very bad news, and just before Christmas, too.

      Delete
    2. The last that he commented on my blog was on the 10th. He will be missed.

      Delete