Wondering about wild grapes

Friday, April 3, 2015

Wondering What Computer Programs are your Favorite.

First of all, I want to say I am sorry for not posting yesterday.  Just didn't have anything to say and didn't feel like posting, but today, I am back!  I am wondering what computer programs you like the best and which ones you use the most.  Let's break them down into three categories;  Work, Play, Misc.
*****************
For the work category, I must pick Autodesk, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Outlet.  The first one, Autodesk, can be subdivided into AutoCAD, Mechanical Desktop, and Inventor.  I have used all of them many times, but plain old AutoCAD seemed to get most of the use because it could do just about anything.  I always designed with it doing 3D solid models so that I could get accurate weights, etc. 

Microsoft Word was used to write descriptions, quotes, instructions, letters, etc.  Word documents could be inserted into Autodesk drawings, and that made it quite convenient.

Microsoft Outlet, of course, was used to communicate over the web.  I could attach drawing files and send them to the customer.
*****************
For the play category, I must say my most favorite on line game is Mahjongg Dimensions.  I can spend hours playing that game trying to beat my best score, and yes, I do keep track of all my high scores; of course the first one that I thought was high enough to write down is now the lowest score on a huge list.

The games that came loaded on my computer can be fun, too.  The two I like most are Minesweeper and the Mahjong group of games.  (BTW, you may wonder why Mahjong is spelled differently up above where it is spelled Mahjongg.  The online game has an extra g at the end, the one on the computer doesn't. . . No, I don't know why.)

And oh yes, when I was making cards, I used AutoCAD.  That was fun making them so I am listing that in the play category.
*****************
The last category is Misc. which means anything that will not fit in the ones above.  Since AutoCAD is such a many faceted product, it can be used for almost anything.

I am also going to include internet browsing programs in this category.  They are ones that enable you to read my post along with going anywhere you want on the internet.  I would have to say the I.E. (Inter Explorer), Google Chrome, and Firefox would be in this group and they are the three that I use.
*****************
OK, now you all tell me what your favorites are and have a great day, you hear?


16 comments:

  1. I use MS Word, but only once in a while. I don't do much work on the computer. I use blogger, of course, and aol and gmail. I don't like the MAC for games - can't get a decent Mahjong game on it, or Solitaire, for that matter. Those are the only 2 games I like. I use DuckDuckGo in place of Google because Duck doesn't keep any record of your searches, and it works just as well as Google.

    For using so few programs I sure spend a lot of time on the computer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to check out that DuckDuckGo and see if I like it. I have never been on a MAC, so do not know anything about them.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I think that I would like to get that program. Bet it could be a lot of fun.

      Delete
  3. Google Chrome, Excel, Picasa, and of course Blogger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use all but Picasa and I hear that it is a great program. Maybe I should try it.

      Delete
  4. I just use the basics on my laptop. I do have a Kindle App on an iPad and my smart phone. I also use the Aviary photo editing App on my phone. It's free and for android and iPhone. My favorite game is 2048, a sliding tile game. You push numbers together causing them to add together making larger numbers. To many tiles on the board and you can't move--losing the game. When I hit my highest score of 57,340 I loudly proclaimed that I was a god.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations on the high score. For Mahjongg Dimension, my highest score was 33900. I also like to play Bryx every once in awhile and my high score for it is 22880. They are both fun and challenging.

      Delete
  5. I use Microsoft Office for Word and Excel, Quicken to keep financial records, Picasa and Paint Shop for photos, Mozilla Thunderbird for e-mail, Chrome, Blogspot.... I love games... play Spider solitaire and since you wrote about Majohng Dimensions I've been playing it... but don't know how to play without the advertisements without paying..... I spend WAY too much time on my laptop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I go to consolidated.net then pick on "games" and pan down until I find Mahjong Dimensions.

      Delete
  6. I don't know WHY you EVER put a comment on BBs blog! Why is he always so rude to you? Did yall ever have a problem? Or do you get a laugh out of his responses?
    I use chrome most of the time, Online Bandit for games, word for it's stuff. Verizon is changing to Frontier sometime in the future, but that''s my email.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I met Billy Bob in person back a few years ago and he seemed to be a really nice guy. He has his health problems and as you and I both know, getting old is no fun at all. It may take me a couple of posts to comment on his blog again.

      Delete
  7. I feel like a light weight when all I can list is Microsoft's Streets & Trips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you only got one, that is a good one for anyone who goes on down the road.

      Delete