Wondering about wild grapes

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

A Sunken Ship and a Restaurant.

What does a sunken ship and a restaurant have in common?  Well, nothing that I know of, except the date of April 15th.  It was back in 1912 at 2:20 AM that the unsinkable ship, the Titanic, sinks.  That was a terrible disaster and I just can't imagine the fear that went through the passenger's minds as the ship was slowly sinking and all the life boats were full and moving away.  1517 lives were lost.

On a happier note, Ray Kroc started his McDonald's fast food restaurants on this day in 1955.  At the time, I was 12 years old and probably didn't know a thing about it.  It didn't take too long for that chain of restaurants to spread across the county and now, when you get hungry, there is a McDonald's not too far away, except in west Texas where everything is really far away.

I bet every one of you have eaten something from McDonald's
sometime during your lives.  And, I will go as far to say that you probably had a burger and fries, except for my wife, who does not eat red meat.  I sure have.

That is about all I have to say today.  I hope all of you have sent in your 1040 forms to the IRS, since today is the deadline for filing your taxes.  Even though it is tax day, I hope you all have a great day, you hear?

2 comments:

  1. I'm seriously thinking about limiting all meat to 1 or 2 times a week. I never did like MacDonalds, although at one time I thought Burger King was a decent burger. No longer though - and McD's usually had good coffee, but on my road trip I stopped for a cup of coffee & to use their internet a couple of times, and that coffee tasted like sludge. It was the most awful stuff I ever drank!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as eggs and boudin are not under that classification. I wouldn't want to go without those two things and my ice-cream (grin)

      Delete