Wondering about wild grapes

Saturday, April 4, 2015

Wondering About an Old TV Star.

Do any of you know who this fellow is?
 
Maybe in this next picture, it is a better picture of him: 

I was watching some old black and white shows on the Western Channel this morning and the first one was an old black and white show from 1957 featuring this young fellow:
 
Yep, all the above pictures are of Clint Walker and in the show I watched he portrayed Cheyenne Bodie.  He was born 87 years ago back on May 30, 1927 and grew to a height of 6' 6" tall and had a 48 inch chest with a 32 inch waist.  It seemed that somehow he managed to get his shirt off in almost all his shows.  Why not, his physical shape and size was his selling feature.


 
I sure do love all the old westerns and watch the Western Channel a lot just to see them.  Funny, after getting into those shows, you just don't seem to notice that they are still in black and white.
 
I would show you a picture of me with my shirt off, but I don't want to steel Mr. Walker's thunder. . . OK, if you believe that, I got some beach front property to sell in Arizona, are you interested?  Even if you are not, I want you all to have a great day, you hear?

9 comments:

  1. Those black and white shows from the 1950's will last for purpletooity, perpetually, for a heck of a long time, cause they're great shows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What, are you trying to impress me with all those big words? I like "purpletooity", think I will add that to my small vocabulary.

      Delete
    2. Feel free to add that to your reppertwha, repertoire, your bag.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I do too and thanks to the Western channel, I get to watch them all again.

      Delete
  3. I've never been much for watching TV... heard the name, but ??? Now... I know all about Hopalong Cassidy, Roy Rogers and Gene Autry.... Saturday mornings at the local theater was free westerns for all the kids. They even gave away a pair if roller skates at the end of the summer, but of course I never won them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I have watched them all. BTW, Gene Autry bought a radio station in Detroit when I worked up there for a year or so.

      Delete
  4. Today I drove through country where I swear they filmed all those old westerns. I could see outlaws just waiting for the stagecoach!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In a lot of those 50's and 60's westerns, I am sure I have seen the same hill in different programs. Must be an area owned by the TV and/or movie companies.

      Delete