Wondering about wild grapes

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Wandering out to do KP on the RV.

Yesterday was such a nice day, so I went out and did KP duty on the RV.  Actually, "KP" duty is "Kitchen Duty", but I sort of use the term loosely to mean any kind of cleaning or maintenance duty, but the main reason is it rhymed with RV.  The most important thing I wanted to do was dump the fresh water tank and refill with fresh water.  It took a long, long time for the RV to pump out the fresh water since the hundred gallon tank was almost completely full, so that gave me time to open all the compartments, check what was in everything, move some things around, and make sure everything was stored right for going on down the road.

Here are some pictures I took while I was playing working on the RV.  The first one is looking down the curb side from the rear with all six storage doors open.  The rear three open up but the rear two only open up to the horizontal position so the slides can clear.  That is the reason the front three open like doors.  The middle one is between the two curb side slides and can open the whole way.


Now this next one is looking from the rear down the driver's side.  The first compartment from the front (shown closed in this picture) is the propane tank.  The next one is for the huge rolling table that can be pulled out either side of the RV.  It is the full width of the vehicle so my fishing poles fit in it just fine.  The next one is the water system and the last one to the rear is the electric system.


 And of course you couldn't go down the road without a motor.  Hidden deep in the rear of the RV is the yellow colored Cat Engine.  Can you see it down in there?





The diesel generator is located in the front of the RV.  When it is not running while driving down the road, all you can hear is some wind noise.  Of course, in the heat of Texas it is usually running so that both roof air conditioners can run while traveling.  That way, all of the RV can be kept nice and cool.  The AC's also have heating elements, but if it gets real cold, you would want to run the furnace to keep the basement from getting to freezing temperatures.

Everything checked out, now if I can only get all my doctor appointments completed, we can hit the road, probably to a Texas State Park.  Hope you enjoyed the tour of the exterior of my RV and you all have a great day, you hear?

17 comments:

  1. How long will 100 gal of fresh water stay fresh? Do you have to add anything if you fill up with well water or city water?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We only use it for washing stuff. We drink bottled water when on a trip. I load up a lot of gallon jugs of water and also a case or two of singles. I have a built-in inline filter for city water.

      Delete
    2. No, I don't add anything to it, but you can add a little bit of Clorox to it if you want.

      Delete
  2. Look at the size of that thing. I can't believe these really exist Dizzy-Dick. I would love to spend a weekend in that one day, it looks just as big as a house to me. You must have had many adventures in your RV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is only thirty eight and a half feet long. They make them up to 45 feet. My wife likes the small ones, like the class-C we used to have. As far as adventures, not as many as I would like, could use more.

      Delete
  3. I don't think I realized it was so big, or is it the angle the picture was taken from. It must require an awful lot of KP!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My header picture shows it from the side with Jeep Liberty behind it for scale. There is always something to work on when you have an RV, right?

      Delete
  4. The RV sure is a beauty. If I were only so lucky to have a few filled pockets and a good driver...ah, dreams are good, most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey DD, if you want to make a loooong trip to a state park, try Huntsville and save fuel; it's a really nice one.....
    Hope you SAVED THAT 100 GALLONS OF H2O; out here in West Texas we NEED all of the water we can get and hate to hear of folks WASTING IT.. I didn't know water could GO BAD unless it was downstream of the herd; thought it had to BE BAD, like down below a HOG-LOT !!! You know like in Nawth C'lina....
    Don't work toooo hard doin' KP on the RV and have a HAPPY DAY !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I go to Huntsville State Park a lot for just day trips. A few years ago I spent about a week there, but that was when I had the class-C. I think I will either go there or Bastrop State Park. I haven't camped at Bastrop since the fire, but have driven past it.

      Delete
  6. Donna C. writes about colonoscopys... you write about the internal organs of your RV... what is it today about innards... human or otherwise? Have to admit it's all entertaining to me ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you'll be using the RV... do you go freedom camping?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope to use it soon and so far I have only parked in RV parks or State Parks. My wife prefers it that way.

      Delete