Wondering about wild grapes

Monday, May 25, 2015

Buried in a Corvette.

Back on this day in 1994, a fellow by the name of George Swanson got his final wish but he had to wait until he died.  Have you ever loved a vehicle that you owned?  Yes, I know you liked a few just as my favorite car that I owned was my 1957 Chevy convertible, but not near as much as ole George loved his car, a 1984 Corvette.  He decided he wanted to be with that car for eternity.  So, how did he make this happen.
 
First, he purchased 12 burial plots at a cemetery that was located about 25 miles east of Pittsburgh and then he left instructions that he was to be cremated and his ashes were to be placed in the drivers seat of his beloved car and the two of them to be buried in those 12 plots.  The cemetery didn't want to do that but then finally decided to allow it.  His wife said that "George always said he lived a fabulous life, and he went out in a fabulous style.  You have a lot of people saying they want to take it with them.  He took it with him."  And he did.
 
Here is a link to that site if you want to read the whole story:
 
Do you have any special requests for your final resting place?  I would like my ashes spread down the path from our old camp, "Trail's End" in Pennsylvania, to where the swinging bridge used to be over Big Coon Creek.  Of course after I am dead, it really doesn't matter, does it?  So, they can do with me what ever they want, the cheaper the better.  Now, you all have a great day, you hear?

9 comments:

  1. I used to think I'd like my ashes sprinkled in the Smoky Mountains, but now I really don't care what is done with them. I'll always be near my family, but not in the ashes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you are not in your ashes after you die, at least I don't believe that.

      Delete
  2. Bill and I have both "donated" our bodies to a medical college... about a year or so after our demise, they return the ashes to whoever is designated to get them. I want my ashes to go back to the farm... but after doing genealogy research for so many years, we've found that a headstone or marker in a cemetery is very helpful for future generations doing research. Even if the "remains" aren't there, a marker can be a wealth of information. Especially if it's in a family plot with other members.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A friend of mine did that. A good idea to make it useful for something.

      Delete
  3. All i want to know is,,,, are you flooded???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, but all around us are, how about you?

      Delete
    2. Nope, but lots around, especially in the big cities, austin, san antonio, houston

      Delete