We got a little Texas sprinkle of rain here in this area. It started around 03:00 with some rumbling and flashes of light in the dark sky. It moved in fairly fast and I couldn't seem to get back to sleep and of course my wife got up, so I did, too. My oldest pup is deathly afraid of thunder (or anything that goes bang or boom) and she turned my rocker/recliner into a vibrating chair again. Then it hit and it rained and it rained and it rained. Everything is saturated and most of creeks and rivers are already full, so it didn't have anywhere for it to run off. I am high and dry but some places were not so lucky, like Houston, for instance. Here are some pictures taken in and around Houston:
And another "yesterday and today" pic:
The first picture below shows what that area normally looks like, the second picture was taken today.
And the next series of three pictures taken of the same area at different times (with time stamps) shows just how fast the water came up:
And of course, Houston wasn't the only place affected. Up here in Montgomery County where I live had its share, too.
We had a 70% chance of rain predicted for the first part of today but after that big storm front moved through, they have dropped the probability down to 30% for the rest of the day and the rest of the week. I can live with that. So, I guess I can take off my water wings and enjoy the rest of the day. Speaking of water wings, I wondered if they still make and sell them, so I looked it up, and yes they do. Now, keep your powder dry and have a great day, you hear?