Wondering about wild grapes

Sunday, December 7, 2014

Wondering About Bluegrass Music.

Bluegrass music is a favorite of mine and bluegrass gospel music is the whipped cream on the top of the ice cream soda for me.  Yes, I love bluegrass and my satellite radio is set on the bluegrass station and it stays there.  In fact, I turned it on last night when I went to bed and left it on all night.  It was the last thing I heard before I went to sleep and the first thing I heard this morning when I woke up.


As I said above, my radio's tuner sits on channel 61, Bluegrass Junction, and the show The Gospel Train is on from 6:00 am till 12:00 pm playing gospel music.  After that, it plays all kinds of Bluegrass.  Bluegrass music originated in the Appalachian Mountains.  These mountain folks supplied their own entertainment and every household had someone who either sang or played an instrument or both.  When I was kid growing up in western Pennsylvania, I remember gathering around the piano and singing.  Music was always a huge part of my life.  Now, I like to play my guitar and once in awhile, even try to sing.


I used to be a good singer, but not so much anymore.  I guess old age and non-use of my singing voice has left me without one.  But, I still do try once in awhile.  At least, I don't make my pups howl.  Maybe they are just used to it.  Maybe one of these days I need to sit down and record a song or two, play it back, and see hear just how bad I sound.  Heck, why should just my wife, our dogs, and I be the only ones to suffer from my singing and playing?  Some say if you spread the pain around it is easier to take, so one of these days, I will record it and post it on my blog, if I can figure out how to do that.  Until then, you will be able to have a great day, you hear?

4 comments:

  1. Havent heard any of that in quite a while. Got a new one i listen to about once a day, check it out https://i.ytimg.com/vi/0OWj0CiM8WU/mqdefault.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  2. It you enjoy it, then do it. No matter what anyone else things. You're at a point in your life when doing what pleases you is important.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love most of the old bluegrass, but have to admit some of the gospel stuff gets tedious after a while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too love bluegrass... have some Earl Stanley travelin' with us... even though it's not Bill's favorite. Our daughter used to go to a Bluegrass workshop camp somewhere in the Carolinas every summer to hone her bluegrass guitar skills... got into dobro... now knits baby stuff for her granddaughter... go figure. Personally, I'd have stuck with the bluegrass music ;-)

    ReplyDelete