Wondering about wild grapes

Friday, January 20, 2012

Wandering, just a little.

Yes, we are out wandering, but just a little and only a couple of miles.  We finally got some time to ourselves and took the newer motor home out for its maiden over-night voyge.  There is a really nice RV park less than three miles from my place.  There is also one within a mile, but it is on the main road and the one back a mile off the main road is quieter and bigger and nicer.  Anyway, we figured that using it was the only way to learn about how everything works and and to find out if anything needed fixed.  So far so good and, yes, we are learning a lot of new things.
We have been in and out of it so much at home with the slides pulled in that we forgot just how spacious it was.  I put out the drivers side main slide and my wife said, "Wow, it is big!".  Then I had to remind her that I still had curb side slide to extend.  The floor space is big enough for a square dance.  The bedroom has double slides, also, which gives us some room to navigate around the bed.  One thing we don't like is that to get to the closet with the slides in, you have to crawl over the bed.  Also, some bedroom storage space is blocked by the bed when the slides are in as is the access to the washer/dryer.  Minor things that I am sure we can learn to live with.
I will post some pictures later.  In the mean time, you all have a great day now, you hear?

8 comments:

  1. At least you will have plenty of room when you are set up!

    Bet the pups will be all excited about new areas to explore! Looking forward to a report complete with pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What? That thing is big enough to have it's own zip code!! Hell, you'll have to tie a ribbon on your belt to drag behind you so you can find your way back to where you were.

      Pictures!!! Don't make me come down there!!!

      Delete
  2. WOOOOOHOOOO, on the Traveling Man,,,bout time. Can't wait for the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My 5th wheel had a bedroom like that - the few times I needed to access the closet with the slide in, I had to climb across the bed, and if I wanted something from one of the drawers I just let out the slide enough to open the drawer partway. It's a small price to pay when you have a large living and sleeping area.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds nice,all that room will be good when you are out there for awhile,comfort is a big thing when your traveling, Blessings Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. HJ, yes the pups just love to travel. The male is probably dehydrated by now marking every tree and fence post (grin).

    Ben, I will post the pictures either this afternoon or tomorrow. Probably this afternoon or evening, since I will be getting ready to head back home in the morning.

    Trouble, I said the same thing, WOOOHOOO and it is about time. Now for a real road trip.

    Gypsy, The bedroom is the only area that would be hard to use if I didn't open the slides.

    Jane, that is why I got it. After we got back from going thourh 13 states as far as Pennsylvania last July, I said "we need more room". Now, I will have to sell the Class-C.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What is your Class C like? I probably can never consider another RV, but I can dream.

      Delete
  6. It is a 2005 29 foot Sunseeker with a Ford V-10 and no slide-outs. After spending over three weeks in it with the wife and three dogs, we wanted something bigger. Maybe I over did it with the "bigger" part, but I like the extra room.

    ReplyDelete