Wondering about wild grapes

Monday, December 26, 2016

A Christmas Song.

Last night at almost midnight while I was laying in bed listening to the Bluegrass channel on my Sirius radio when they played the last Christmas song of the day.  I loved it!!!  It was Larry Sparks singing "Beautiful Star Of Bethlehem".  It was the most wonderful way to end Christmas day.

I don't know how many of you have heard Larry Sparks sing, but he has soft, soothing voice and it was perfect for this song.  He is also an accomplished guitar picker.  If you want to hear him sing and play this song, just Click Here.

Here are a couple pictures of Larry:



As you know, I love blue-grass music and no one does it like Larry Sparks.  He has an unique and wonderful easy listening style.  Now, you all have a great day, you hear? 




10 comments:

  1. I first heard that song the first time I heard Ralph Stanley, and fell in love with both instantly! I will have to listen to Larry Sparks' version, but you know I'd find it hard to top Ralph Stanley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Click on my link to Larry singing that song. You may be surprised just how good he does it. And yes, I always liked Ralph Stanley.

      Delete
  2. I've listened to both and they are both excellent! The song itself is unique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is a link to Ralph's version. I love his tenor. I don't know how to put a link into a comment, so you would have to cut and paste, and it's a long one.

    https://www.bing.com/search?q=ralph+stanley+beautiful+star+of+bethlehem&qs=n&form=QBRE&sp=-1&pq=ralph+stanley+beautiful+star+of+bethlehem&sc=3-41&sk=&cvid=6FF2075FD8D54733B52C12AE6862B446

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the link. Ralph and boys did a great job on that song.

      Delete
    2. Now I can't get that melody out of my head. . . Don't know why, but I really love that song.

      Delete
  4. I went and listened to it, it's very good I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen him on TV a few times and have always liked his music. Of course that was the RFDTV channel.

      Delete
  5. nice version, Del McCoury is my go to Bluegrass musician.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a lot of Bluegrass musicians that are really good. Of course Bluegrass and classic country are my favorite kind of music.

      Delete