Wondering about wild grapes

Saturday, March 21, 2015

Wondering About RVs with Back Porches.

 Have you ever heard of RVs that have a back porch?  I have but I have not seen very many. I got some pictures off the internet of a few that have back porches and I am going to share them with you.

This first one shows pictures at the bottom of what all this RV can be used for.  No, the back porch does not stay down when going down the road.  It is only used when parked.  These RVs are toy haulers and the "porch" is the ramp used for loading and then it is cranked up to cover the back opening.


 
Wouldn't that back porch make a great place for my pups to play?  They then could be either under roof or out under the sky above. 
 They come in all sizes and as class-A, class-C motorhomes or as a fifth wheel, or a bumper pull trailer.  I guess that they try to make one to suit every body's needs.

 
Here we are looking out the back from within the unit.
 
You may think that this is a new idea in design and layout of modern RVs, but that would not be the case.  I am sure that Keith of  http://theflyingtortoise.blogspot.com/  blog could tell you a lot about house busses that have rear porches.  Maybe something like this one: 
 
 Some are converted busses like the one above but many have been made from scratch by from an old truck chassis.  The one below would be an good example of what I am talking about:
 
Back porches are nice to have when you are out camping, although most modern RVs do not have one.  No matter if you have a back porch or not, get outside and enjoy what Mother Nature has dished out for you today, but no matter what it is, have a great day, you hear?



14 comments:

  1. Looks good. Nice to know more about them...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I want one with a porch. I just sit out under the awning.

      Delete
  2. I just set my most comfortable camp chair facing the direction I want to look at, and I'm good to go. Get tired of looking at the lake and want to see who strolls or drives by? Just turn my chair around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only thing better than that would be a swivel chair. (grin)

      Delete
  3. We have seen quite a few but they only work on the perfect campsite, not always possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I would want to bother with one and with my luck, they would go down but would not return to travel position.

      Delete
  4. Our daughter and son in law have a 5th wheel toy hauler with a back porch... I'd never seen one before theirs. They put their grill on it and their chairs can be inside out of the sun (or rain). They called today... are in Nashville on their way to a job in WVA..... wanted to know where we stayed overnight on our trips east. Don't think they will stay in a Walmart parking lot, but if they do, they can hang out on their back porch and check out all the shoppers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What "toys" does he carry in it? I have seen these at RV shows and they are really nice.

      Delete
    2. They have an ATV but right now it isn't with them. They've just had the rig a few months to travel to his jobs. Since he needs the truck to drive to work I jokingly suggested they put a Smart Car in the toy hauler so she can get around during the day ;-)

      Delete
  5. I have seen them before, but I wonder how much weight it adds to the trailer? Nice concept, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I doubt if it adds too much weight, since it replaces the back wall which would normally be there. Of course who ever bought one, there wallet would be a lot lighter. . . (grin).

      Delete
  6. My brother has one and loves it.. they haul their two motorcycles in it.. and when the bikes are out, the top bunk lowers down and two couches fold out so it's like two double sized bunkbeds.

    Now if I had one, I would put a weaving loom (or two) in the space and then slide one out on the "porch" for some outdoor weaving in the sunshine!
    KarenInTheWoods and Steveio
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    (Blog) RVing: The USA Is Our Big Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

    ReplyDelete
  7. The first time I saw one was in Terlingua. I thought how neat that was especially at night where you might not be able to see a snake if you were sitting on firm ground.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to have an RV like one of these! It would be so much fun to be able to take the kids camping, and not have to worry about tents. I really like the ones that open up in the back! It would be perfect for our baby, and our dog. They could still be outside, but not get as dirty. Plus, it really opens up the whole place.


    http://www.qualityrv.net/pre_owned_list.asp?GroupBy=&newused=U&mfg=0&category=0&ModelSearch=&FuelType=&ModelYearFrom=&ModelYearThru=&PriceFrom=&PriceThru=&lengthMin=&lengthMax=&feetmeters=feet&stocknumber=&s=search&industry=3

    ReplyDelete