Wondering about wild grapes

Thursday, March 30, 2017

You Did What?!?!

I bet the 911 operators get some odd and crazy calls.  I was just thinking of a possible one.  A fellow calls in and said that he has just killed an intruder that was threatening his family.  Of course the 911 operator wants some more details, like "how did you kill the intruder?".  The fellow told her that he used his son's toy BB gun.  She says that it would be impossible for him to kill the bad guy with his son's toy BB gun.  The guy says that it was the closest weapon and it got the job done.

Of course, the 911 operator still didn't believe him and kept pushing him for more details.  The guy says "You would believe me if you saw all the blood all over my son's BB gun that I used to beat the fellow to death with.  So, some times even things that sound absurd or even impossible just may be true.

I saw this statement on the internet, "More people are killed each year by dishwashers than by sharks."  At first that statement sounded absurd to me but when I thought about it for awhile, it made a lot of sense.  I would guess that over 90 percent of the people in this country have had some close contact with a dishwasher (either mechanical or human) but very, very few have had close contact with a live shark.

People also alter their bodies.  In 2015, $13.5 billion was spent by Americans for aesthetic procedures.  Most all of them, I would surmise, were done on people who really didn't need anything changed.  They were just vain or insecure and wanted to be something they weren't.  Some really needed the surgery.  Me?  I would rather be ugly than have an operation and spend all that money.  Other people alter their looks in the opposite way, by deforming, tattooing, cutting and scarring, etc.  I think that we all should try to make the best of the way we were born and only physically change your body if there are extreme problems that inhibit you from getting through life.  Go on a diet, work out, and if you are a man, grow a beard.  I grew a beard and long hair to take people's attention away from my ugliness.  Of course you all know that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Of course all my readers are handsome and beautiful and I want you all to have a great day, you hear?




24 comments:

  1. That last paragraph... you know me! Have a good yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for indicating I am good looking, I been trying to convince my wife I'm good looking. She says yeal right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought that all men who lived far away in Farr, TX have to be handsome. Isn't it a city ordinance or something (grin).

      Delete
    2. It's Pharr, TX. I used to live there and no, I'm not handsome!!

      Delete
    3. Spelling is not my best subject. . . by far.

      Delete
  3. I think it is wonderful to get to the stage where you don't make judgements based on looks. The soul is where I see the beauty. Many years ago I worked with a man who would be called extremely homely. But this man had such a personality and could be so funny, that I found I no longer noticed his looks, and when I thought about it I realized he wasn't ugly or homely at all.

    I can't grow a beard to hide my face, so you just have to accept my looks such as they are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone is beautiful in some way or the other. But with some, you have to dig a little deeper (grin).

      Delete
  4. Does my five tattoos commemorating five of my life phases make me unacceptable?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find that the older I get the less emphasis I put on looks. In my 20's and 30's I would have never gone out without putting on make-up...now I do it all the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess you have come to realize that all that stuff is just superficial.

      Delete
  6. I worked with women who were very judgmental about everything from hair length to matching clothing. I think one of the things I've appreciated most about traveling is that many people we've met are comfortable being themselves.... they may be 70 years old and have hair down to their waist (male or female)... or they wear a plaid shirt with striped shorts (Oh My Gawd!)... and it's okay. Think what you like... it doesn't bother them. I don't know if that comes with age or we just meet more folks like us on the road, but it is such a wonderful attitude that I never encountered in my hometown 20 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of it comes with age but I have always been like that, age just amplifies it.

      Delete
  7. I never could understand having plastic surgery unless it was for a horrible disfigurement. I always felt that if you don't like looking at me then don't look. I am who I am and beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I am beautiful on the inside. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey...what you see is what you get, in my case.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine. too, and at my age, I don't apologize for it.

      Delete
  9. If I had the urge to get some type of 'enhancement', I'd get my teeth worked on. Other than that...I'll work with what I have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had my teeth straightened when I was a kid. Since then I have lost a couple of them, but just some in the back.

      Delete
  10. I think about those shark attack numbers when in the ocean surrounded by sharks. Don't even own a dishwasher . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since you don't own a dishwasher, you really should fear those sharks.

      Delete