Wondering about wild grapes

Saturday, January 21, 2017

Wondering About Eugene Klass.

I was watching the Western Channel today and one of the shows starred Eugene Klass.  I am sure you know who that is, right?  He was playing this real life wild west personality.  Look at the following three pictures and let me know if you know who this guy is:



If you guessed that it was Bat Masterson, you are correct.  Now, look at the picture below and tell me who the fellow was that played him on the TV series "Bat Masterson": 

Ok, the above picture is when he was older.  BTW, he did live to be ninety years old.  This last picture is what he looked like back when he starred in the that TV series:

If you guessed his name to be Eugene Klass, you are right.  Oh you didn't guess that name?  Maybe you guessed Gene Barry.  If you did were also right.  Gene Barry was his stage name.

Another thing that impressed me for a popular star is that Mr. and Mrs. Gene Barry were married for almost 60 years before his wife passed away.  BTW, she was also in show business as an actress and went by the stage name Julie Carson.  I hope you enjoyed this information that you will probably never ever need in your life.  Now, have a great day, you hear?

17 comments:

  1. Interesting story about a star who evidently didn't let success go to his head. I think it's an accomplishment to stay married 60 years! I only watched westerns when we first got our TV and that was the only after-school programming.

    I remember listening to the Cisco Kid, Roy Rogers, Sky King of the Yukon and a few others on radio, and they never seemed to be as good on TV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and I must have grown up at about the same time. I remember all of those shows, even Sky King and Penny.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Glad I could enlighten you. Now you have some more useless knowledge.

      Delete
  3. I didn't guess Eugene Klass but I did guess Bat Masterson and Gene Barry. When I first looked at the white haired picture I thought it was Buddy Ebsen. Oh yes how I remember the televised versions of all those westerns Gypsy mentioned. Only one I can remember on radio was Gunsmoke.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Before TV, my favorite show was Straight Arrow. Do you remember that one. The dividers in shredded wheat boxes had Straight Arrow outdoor tips printed on them, too.

      Delete
  4. I used to listen to the Lone Ranger on a Gruno my dad refurbed. Also The Shadow, and a couple others. We didn't get TV until most every body else had one. I think Gunsmoke came a little later for me, but I do remember it.

    And of course Bat Materson and Gene Barry.

    Wade in NW Florida

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. William Conrad played Matt Dillon on the radio. When they went to TV, of course he tried out for the part. When he was sitting behind the marshal's desk, he got up fast and the chair came up with him. That was when they went to James Arness.

      Delete
  5. Had to lol about all that info ill never need,,, hahahaha,,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess that trivia is just information that we will never need. But I like trivia.

      Delete
    2. When I think of something and can't remember where i heard it, I just figure I got it from your blog! You find some good trivia.

      Delete
    3. Thanks Gypsy. I try to find interesting and different stuff to post about.

      Delete
  6. I was a viewer of the Bat Masterson show. Always thought he was such a suave looking "cowboy". Thanks for the trivia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes he was a suave looking cowboy. I enjoy all the old westerns.

      Delete
  7. So many of the older actors are gone now. Gene was one of the better ones, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The older actors were the best. I can name off quite a few of them but I would be hard pressed to name even one of todays western actors, if there still are any.

      Delete
  8. Ok, the above picture is when he was older. BTW, he did live to be ninety years old. This last picture is what he looked like back when he starred in the that TV series: wholesale stitched salwar kameez , stitched salwar suits wholesale ,

    ReplyDelete