Wondering about wild grapes

Monday, January 16, 2017

Bad Weather Day

Not a very pretty day here in Cut and Shoot, TX.  This morning a tornado was spotted on the ground and of course tornado warnings were issued.  The weather has cleared some, and we didn't get any really bad weather here at my place, just some rain and it wasn't all that heavy.  From the reports on the TV weather news, it should be a wet week.  At least the bad weather held off long enough for Houston to get its marathon completed.

I was checking out some jokes on the internet and found this joke on

Here is the joke from the above internet site:

A Minnesota couple decided to vacation to Florida during the winter. They planned to stay at the very same hotel where they spent their honeymoon 20 years earlier. Because of hectic schedules, it was difficult to coordinate their travel schedules. So, the husband left Minnesota and flew to Florida on Thursday. His wife would fly down the following day.

The husband checked into the hotel. There was a computer in his room, so he decided to send an e-mail to his wife. However, he accidentally left out one letter in her e-mail address, and without realizing his error, he sent the e-mail.

Meanwhile.....somewhere in Houston, a widow had just returned home from her husband's funeral. He was a minister of many years who was called home to glory following a sudden heart attack. The widow decided to check her e-mail, expecting messages from relatives and friends. After reading the first message, she fainted.

The widow's son rushed into the room, found his mother on the floor, and saw the computer screen which read:

To: My Loving Wife
Subject: I've Arrived
Date: 16 May 2003
I know you're surprised to hear from me. They have computers here now and you are allowed to send e-mails to your loved ones. I've just arrived and have been checked in. I see that everything has been prepared for your arrival tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing you then! Hope your journey is not as uneventful as mine was.
P.S. Sure is hot down here!

I sure hope you got a chuckle out of that joke and if you want more, got to the web site.  What ever you do, have a great day, you hear?

10 comments:

  1. Don't much care for the tornadoes, keep you eyes peeled

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danger is over, but it is always good to stay prepared, especially around here.

      Delete
  2. That was a funny story. If I was that woman I think I would drop dead on the spot, especially when I reached the last line!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That one is funny. I have been known to leave out a letter or two when I type so I can really laugh at this one. Thank goodness for spell check.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too bad the spell checker on that phone couldn't correct last names. Yep, that would be almost if not impossible.

      Delete
  4. Good humor! Thanks!!
    Cut and Shoot Texas, I had to look it up, that's too good a name no to! There it is on google maps, https://goo.gl/maps/xmPNoUnnAHu

    Named after an argument over religion too!
    http://www.cutandshoot.org/documents/history.htm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two stories about our names origin. Won was about the war over religion and the other was just when someone said they were going to "cut" through the woods and "shoot" over to grandma's house. . .

      Delete
  5. Pretty good joke, Dizzy! I found it funny!

    ReplyDelete