Wondering about wild grapes

Monday, November 1, 2010

Wondering about a new project.

Well, it is now November and I have not got half what I wanted to do this year done. And so far, I only went on one trip. I guess my two eye surgeries got in the way, then a huge clean up project.

When we moved into our new home, we purchased new furniture for the bedrooms, the living room, and the family rooms. Updated to new appliances, including washer and dryer. We did move our offices and a lot of personal things.

Well, it was decided to tear the old place down. A tree fell down and did a lot of roof damage, which I tried to cover with a tarp. I have been wanting to start on this for quite a while. Got started the end of last week and have already had a trash removal guy make one trip out here and probably another one today. He will be here a lot over the next month or so.

This should be a straight forward job, but the trouble is, I am finding things that I left behind which bring back memories of the past. Also, some useful things and things that could be sold. I do believe that trying to sell stuff would not be worth the effort involved. Effort is one thing I have little of (grin).

Well, I better get back to work on the project. You all have a good day.

6 comments:

  1. You've got to pick your battles. Most of the time I'd rather give stuff away than sell it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What sixbears said...

    As you know, I recently went through the process of selling/giving away almost everything. Well, I gave away a lot of stuff that conjured up some pretty heavy memories. I even cried some. But today, I'm grateful that I gave away more than I sold. On occasion, I run into someone who received a giveway and I love it when they stop and tell me how much they are enjoying the item(s) I gave them. That's as good as owning it myself. And no one can take the memories from me. I wish you lots of peace with the process.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barney, thanks for stopping by. Maybe some later on.

    Sixbears, You are correct, I would rather give stuff away. Why trash something that someone can use or needs.

    Ginger, We have set things down by the end of our driveway next to the road and within an hour, they disappear. That way someone will get some use out of it. Now, I just got too much stuff and it is easier to throw it away, at least most of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe, like me, you have discovered that the project that you once though was just soo important ain't all that important after all?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ben, it is funny how one's priorities change over time.

    ReplyDelete