Wondering about wild grapes

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Wandering to town and back – Shopping

This is more or less a follow-up of yesterday’s blog. My last comment on my blog yesterday stated that I had purchased a vest and a couple of shirts. Since I do not have another good subject for today, I thought that I would just show you my purchases. I don’t usually go on a buying spree, so this is sort of unusual, but I have to admit, a lot of fun.

Here is a picture of all of my purchases:
Three new shirts and a brown leather vest. I already have a brown cowboy hat that will go nicely with the vest.

The following three items were purchased yesterday:

And this pin-striped purplish shirt was bought the day before:

Also, the day before, I purchased this down filled vest to keep me warm on cold days:

I have not yet worn any of them, but did try them on to make sure they fit before I removed the tags. Found a tag on one of the shirts that said it had a one year guarantee. I guess that is, if I change its oil and do the required maintenance (washing).

My wife and I stopped by the local Super Wal-Mart to pick up a few things and a lady customer looked up and saw me coming and with a loud voice yelled, “There is Wild Bill Hickok!” I looked behind me and no one was there, she was looking at me!! I had my cowboy hat on and I guess my white beard and long white hair must have made me resemble Ole Wild Bill. I told her that I wasn’t Wild, just Dizzy. That really got her going. It took a good 15 minutes to get away from here, but it was fun for both of us. I am the type of guy who will stop and talk to anyone.

You all have a good day now, you hear?



5 comments:

  1. LOL LOL, I GOT to get you and Buddy Bob together someday all dressed up and go wander Wally World. Y'all would tie up the store for hours!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a man with a plan. That would be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never know how others will percieve3 us, do we? At least you know how to dress for next Halloween, if you ever go to Wally-World on Halloween during that time!

    Have to admit, it looks pretty normal to me! But then, what do I know?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You bought some really nice clothes. I think you should post a picture of you wearing them, and especially with the cowboy hat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Howdy Hermit, I'll tell you, I don't need a mask to scare people. I scare myself when I look in the mirror.

    Gypsy, OK, I will do that and post it in a future blog. Hope I don't scare anyone, I ain't too pretty, you know.

    ReplyDelete