Wondering about wild grapes

Monday, June 29, 2015

Wondering About Nelson Eddy

A hundred and fourteen years ago, Nelson Eddy was born on this date.  No, I am old but not old enough to remember when he was born but do remember some of his music.  He passed away in 1967, so if you are old enough to be retired, I am sure you have heard of him.  He also was a movie star and did 19 films, of course they were musicals.

Here is a list of some of his songs that you may remember:
     
     The Ghost Riders In The Sky
     The Surrey With the Fringe On Top
     Indian Love Call
     Oh, What A Beautiful Morning
     Oklahoma
     Rosalie
     And many more. . .     



I hope I have brought back some old memories for some of you.  It seems to me that after the sense of smell, music comes in a close second for activating memories of long ago. . . or not so long ago.  I sure hope all your memories are good ones, and have a great day, you hear?



6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Your guess is as good as mine, cause I forgot what it was.

      Delete
  2. Good songs.... and, of course, you remember Jeannette McDonald?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeannette was in a lot of his movies. Always got to have a lady co-star, at least back in those days.

      Delete
  3. He was a wonderful singer. Loved Indian Love Call.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and Ghost Riders, which was one of my favorites.

      Delete