Wondering about wild grapes

Monday, June 1, 2015

Wondering About Limnic Eruptions.

Have you ever heard of limnic eruptions?  I never have, that is, not until today when I accidently had a page pop up about it.  I have heard of lake turn-overs but have never witnessed any.  This is what a lake looks like after a limnic eruption or lake overturn:
 
 
This next picture shows an overturn in progress:

This last picture shows a before and after a limnic eruption:

 If my ponds turn over, I have not noticed.  Sometimes there is a lot of aquatic plant remains floating on top, and of course there has been times when it gets partially covered with duck weed.  OK, maybe I am the only one that never heard of limnic eruptions, but I did learn something in researching for this blog.  Now, you all turn over and have a great day, you hear?

4 comments:

  1. Looks like those flood waters ran through a kool-aid factory. With all the rain you've had you'll have mosquitoes as big as shetland ponies. We've got Asian tiger skitters here, growl when they bite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am afraid to go outside. They might carry me off and suck all the blood out of me. Maybe that will cure my leukemia (grin).

      Delete
  2. I've never heard of this. I reckon it's a temporary thing, right? I'd hate for it to be permanent.

    Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I, too, have never heard of it and I don't think it is permanent. I have no idea how long it can last.

      Delete