Wondering about wild grapes

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Wondering about a character actor.

When I worked a contract job for G.E. Nuclear near Wilmington, North Carolina, which among other things was town where a lot of movies were made, I saw a lot of movie stars.  Last night my wife and I were watching old "Gunsmoke" shows and the "bad guy" on that show was the same actor that I saw looking at cameras in a store in Wilmington.  He was in town making a movie.  He wasn't the only star I saw there, but the old western we watched brought back memories of seeing him.

Who am I talking about?  He was an actor that played in many movies and TV series.  I am sure everyone has seen him in something and most people recognize him but very few know his name.  Here is a picture of the fellow I am talking about:

I bet most all of you have seen him in something.  Am I right?  OK then, tell me his name.  If you can you are better than I am.  I had to look him up on the internet.  His name is Charles Aidman and he passed away in November of 1993 at the age of 68.  I have seen him in a lot of shows.  The list of shows that he was in is very long.  I was going to give you a reference to that list but I can't find it this morning and I have to leave for the flea market soon.  You all have a great weekend, you hear?

7 comments:

  1. Nor sure i remember that mug or not. Wasn't into westerns..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen that face, but the name . . .

    There are a lot of actors that get steady work but are never the star.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trouble, he was into a lot of other things, like Twilight Zone and a lot of others. He was also a writer and did screen plays.

    Sixbears, most every one remembers his facs and soft voice, but not his name. I am one of those but not any more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember him from even down here in New Zealand and I remember the name too - just wouldn't have been able to put them together - is your blog joinable Dizzy?

    ReplyDelete
  5. WandaKR, I always have trouble remembering names. Thanks for commenting. I am not sure what you mean by "joinable", but you can add it to your favorite blog list and it should show up on your blogger dashboard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry yes I meant can I add it to my blog list - I like your wanderings - thank you

    ReplyDelete
  7. WandzKR, thanks, and I hope to do more wandering and less wondering about it.

    ReplyDelete