Wondering about wild grapes

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Wondering about Witch Hazel.


There are numerous uses for this old and very useful product, but if you are interested in them, you can look them up on the internet.  I just love the stuff, used it multiple times a day on my face and body.  No, it hasn’t made me handsome or even close, but it feels so good and I just can’t get enough of its smell.  I do not know what it is about its smell, but it is my favorite smell of anything I know.  Now I also love the smell of my favorite foods cooking when I am hungry and the smell of good coffee brewing; but Witch Hazel also relaxes me.  I splash it on before I go to bed at night with a double dose on my mustache, hoping the aroma will last a little longer.  For some reason, it never seems to last very long.  But, they say it is good for the complexion and I need any help I can get (grin).
How many of you use Witch Hazel and what do you use it for.  Years ago, I discovered it worked very well to reduce the pain, itch, and swelling of minor hemorrhoids, among other things.  It also helps the complexion and sooths minor scrapes and abrasions.  Like aspirin, it is (or was originally) a natural product.  If I could get the smell concentrated enough to last a lot longer I would use it as cologne.  Actually, I now use at as a cologne most days.
You all have a great day now, you hear?

10 comments:

  1. Shoot, I remember mother having a bottle of it on her dresser. After I looked it up, I found out it is made from a plant , astringent produced from the leaves and bark of the North American Witch-hazel shrub (Hamamelis virginiana). Here I always though it was some chemical ..

    So,I learned something today.. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ben, I started using it back when I was a child. My Mother also kept a bottle around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems more of the old timers kept it around than folks today.

    I'll have to get some!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gypsy, it does not dry my skin out.

    HJ, I do recommend the stuff, and it smells good, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never used it,,,hmmmm. Wonder why. My youngest son loved pine sol, and would keep some in a pan in his room, maybe it worked the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My friend would put in her bath every night,she loved the stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm gonna try that mustache thing....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Trouble, I like the smell of pine sol, too.

    Bargirl238, never tried that, but I only take showers.

    Big Bend Inquirer, go for it. The trouble is that the aroma doesn't last very long.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete