Wondering about wild grapes

Monday, March 12, 2012

A wet weekend.


By Sunday afternoon, I could see water every way I looked.  It was like living on an island, well sort of.  We had a lot of rain and since my new rain gauge is still laying here in my office, I don’t know how much we got but more than I have seen in a long, long time.  It was the perfect rain, not hitting all at once and passing by, but it rained most of the weekend and everything got a good soaking.  I haven’t been down to the back of my swamp to see if it actually got full but I do know it must be a lot fuller than it was the last time I looked.  With all this rain, the TV weather people say that the drought is still not officially broken.  I am sure this weekend did a lot to improve conditions and being a slow steady rain, it had a chance to soak in.
The tree pollen was bad before it started to rain and the rain washed most of it out of the air and off the vehicles.  I don’t know if the trees are still putting off pollen, but if they are, everything will be yellow again.  This is the time of year when everyone drives a yellow vehicle (grin).
As you can see, I don’t have anything too important to talk or wonder about, so for now I will just wish you all ado.  You all have a great week now, you hear?

6 comments:

  1. well, keeping the rain gauge in the box, in the house will certainty make it last longer. :-)

    Shoot, just put an empty dish pan out in the yard and go measure the rain with a ruler.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CA will be getting rain starting tomorrow and going on for the rest of the week. Lots of snow in the Sierras means water for everyone the rest of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ben, I just went out and measured the amount of rain in a bucket I had left on the deck after washing the RV. It had 5.25" of rain in it.

    Gypsy, yep and some of that may come this way. But is will be nice for you all out there to have drinking water for the summer.

    Trouble, yes I loved ours, too. Actually could use more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so...how are the frogs? loving the water?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jill, you better believe it. They are at the top of their voice. I will post some pictures tomorrow of the swamp's status.

    ReplyDelete