Wondering about wild grapes

Thursday, June 13, 2019

My Wife Called Me A. . . .

I was having my usual breakfast this morning.  I put plain yogurt in my bowl and then add a few spoonful's of sugar.  I stir this up until it is well mixed.  Then I add both Honey Bunches of Oats and Cheerios and to moisten it, I add cranberry juice.  Hey, don't laugh until you try it, it is really goooood.

As I was adding the Honey Bunches of Oats, I spotted a huge flake.  I had never seen a flake that big, so I pulled it out and took it over and showed my wife.  I asked her if she had ever seen a flake that big and that I had never seen one that large.  Of course she came back with "it takes one to know one".  That was a good comeback which I had never expected and I laughed and laughed.  So, today starts out with "wife one - me zero".  Now eat your breakfast and have a great day, you hear?

27 comments:

  1. LOL sounds like she is right on the ball...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, she is right and she is on the ball, too.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I am glad you did. I bet you agree with my wife, too.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. That is for sure, I got a good laugh out of it.

      Delete
  4. It takes one to know one! Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like she has you figured out, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We started dating back in junior high. I graduated in 1961 from high school, so you do the math (grin). She has had plenty of time to figure me out.

      Delete
  6. As a farmer, my late father-in-law led a very regimented life. For example, every morning he had to get up at 5:00am to milk the cows.

    Every night, before going to bed, his wife would prepare his breakfast, which was always the same……

    Five boxes of his favorite cereals; from Cheerios to Bran Flakes, carefully aligned on the kitchen table.

    He always feasted from the same large bowl; a childhood gift, with letters of the alphabet and colored designs surrounding the edges.

    Because of his 5:00am arising, I never joined him for breakfast. But, I’d wager he ate each of the five cereals in sequence, from left to right, as arranged by his wife. To add some spice to his life, perhaps on rare occasion, from right to left.

    As a practical joke, I once rearranged things by switching cereals among boxes; for example, placing the Cheerios into the Bran Flakes box, and vice versa.

    Anyway, he never made mention of this outrageous change to his routine. Either because he was a humorless old coot, or was suffering the affects of dementia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to mix my cereals together, so his method seems like a good one to me.

      Delete
  7. I saw that one coming. I got a good laugh also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, she got me and unlike you, I didn't see that coming. That is why it made me laugh so hard.

      Delete
  8. I have been known to eat some strange combinations of food myself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. just came back to visit a bit,, read up on all. still same all, same all, nothing new.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Howdy Trouble. Sometimes "nothing new" is a good thing.

      Delete
  11. So, how is life going for you and wife and furry buddies. Let us have an update if you are well....or if not. We worry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have had some problems but so far we are still kicking.

      Delete