Wondering about wild grapes

Thursday, July 19, 2018

Stuff You May Not Know

As I have said in the past, I am quite interested in astronomy and have several telescopes, the largest having a 16" dia. mirror and the scope is taller than I am.  Although I have seen many wonderous and strange things, I have really never seen a black hole.  One of the ways that a black hole is formed is when a huge star collapses.  Black holes suck in everything and anything within its gravitational field.  A black hole is made mostly from matter.

OK, we all know about black holes, right?  Well now the cosmologists and physicists are talking about "white holes", which are the opposite of black holes.  The black holes suck matter in but the white holes spit matter out.  Could it be the same matter that is sucked in by one is spit out by the other?  If so, how did it get from the one to the other?


Want to torment a scorpion?  Place a small amount of alcohol on it and it will make it go crazy and sting itself to death.

Did you ever hear someone say shoo fly to scare a fly away?  That will never work because flies are deaf.

A very few species of turtles can breathe through their butts.

For every human on Earth there are 1.6 million ants.  The total weight of all those ants, however, is about the same as all the humans.

There is only one country (Russia) between North Korea and Norway.  Eleven miles of North Korea borders Russia.

After reading this post you will not recognize that the
the brain doesn't recognize the second "the".

Tears caused by sadness, happiness, and onions look different under the microscope.

The expiration date on water bottles is for the bottle, not the water.

I could go on and on but I think this post is long enough, so have a great day, you hear?


6 comments:

  1. Well thank you for all this wonderful information Dizzy, Never know when something might be useful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome JO, but who really needs any more useless information. We get enough of that on the TV news shows.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for all the wonderful information. Don't know that I can share it tho as I would have to remember it. Haha My brain doesn't work so good anymore. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can copy and paste any part of it any where you want.

      Delete
  3. So much useful information, not sure I can absorb all of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet you could guess that I was bored, so I looked up all that info.

    ReplyDelete