Wondering about wild grapes

Monday, July 16, 2018

Just Sitting and Aging.

I will make this posting even though I really have nothing to say.  Like I said in the post title, I am just sitting here aging.  My mother used to say that "getting old ain't for sissies".  Boy was she right, although I feel rather well but don't have any get up and go.  I am so old that all the hair on my legs migrated to my stomach. . . and all my hair has turned a snowy white (grin).

OK, maybe this is a good time to post some old age jokes, so:

Q: Is it a common problem for 60+ year olds to have trouble with memory storage?
A: No. Memory storage is not the problem. Memory retrieval is.

I grew a beard thinking it would say "Distinguished Gentleman." Instead, turns out it says, "Senior Discount, Please!"

Aging gracefully is like the nice way of saying you're slowly looking worse.

Regular naps prevent old age, especially if you take them while driving. *********************** OK, I hope you got a chuckle out of those jokes that I found on the internet.  I guess when you get right down to it, getting old is better than the alternative.  Now, you all have a great day and live every day to its fullest, you hear?    


18 comments:

  1. Yes Old age can beat the alternative. Death itself doesn't bother me, it's the dying that sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. You are welcome, Barney. Glad you liked them.

      Delete
  3. You got a giggle out of me, I have to admit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my it's all so true except I didn't grow a beard. Loved the jokes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you aren't old enough to grow a beard (grin).

      Delete
  5. It's true! Enjoy the old age sweetness and difficulties:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate and try to enjoy every day I have.

      Delete
  6. Getting old, what can I do about it? Sit back and enjoy it, I reckon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since I have been around for over three quarters of a century, I do know how to sit back and enjoy.

      Delete
  7. I thoroughly enjoyed theses jokes. You aren't alone in just sitting there getting old gracefully. I find myself sitting there a lot lately. Maybe because it is just to hot outside for anything else. Thanks for the laughs this morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, the heat does seem to keep me in my recliner. It has been a hundred or so and with the high humidity here in East Texas, it really feels hot.

      Delete
  8. That about says it all, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome. Sometimes there is a lot of truth in humor.

      Delete