Wondering about wild grapes

Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Oldest Pup Had Problems.

During the night, our oldest pup woke me up with a blood curdling scream.  The master bedroom is at the end of the house, next to it is the living room, next to it is the kitchen, next to that is the dining area, and next to that is the family room.  That pup was at the far end of family room.  That is a long ways from where I was sleeping and her scream woke me up.  I ran out and found that she had another spell where she was laying up next to a box, stiff as a board, with her legs stiff and sticking up in the air.  That terrified me and I picked her up until she came out of it.

This happened before back in last January.  At that time, after a thorough examination and x-rays, nothing wrong was detected.  This time it was her heart which was not beating correctly and made her lungs fill up with fluid.  Dang, she had no symptoms at all until that seizure.  The vet gave her a shot and pills to take that should get rid of the fluid and put her back to her old self.  She is getting up in years (14), but has been in great health.  I sure do love that pup and hope she can stay with us for quite some time to come.  And yes, I have shed a tear or two.  Now, you all have a great day, you hear?

15 comments:

  1. Hope she gets well with this medication. Hate see our little guys suffer and they can't tell us what hurts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so, too. Yep, they can't tell us exactly what hurts.

      Delete
  2. Some folks may think me silly, but I just prayed for your dog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is not silly. I have done so, also, and I and the pup thank you for it.

      Delete
  3. I hope the shot and pills work and Muffie stays well. That must have been a real scare.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure was. We love them as if they were are own children, which, you may say that they are our kids.

      Delete
  4. Prayers for her to get well soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My cat Lightning has a thyroid condition which we can't seem to get straightened out after multiple tests and jiggling of his meds. He's just wasting away, even though he eats very well. Probably weighs less than 5 pounds, but seems happy. And yes, he's about 15 years old, which I'm told is about 75 in cat years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure hope Lighting keeps hanging in there. Both your Lightning and my Muffin are at the end of their natural life cycle. We just hope they will stretch it out a lot more.

      Delete
  6. What a scare that must have been. Sure hope the shot and pills work and your pup lives a long life. I'll pray for your pup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda M. She seems to be acting normal and eating her food this morning, but she is breathing very fast, shallow breaths and her heart is beating quite fast. I have lost beloved pets before and it is never easy.

      Delete
  7. o Dizzy, i sure hope he'll be ok for a long time too. My cat Jude is my age in his years, and is doing really well. My sis's little bitty dog is about 11 or 12, and i sure don't know how she'll handle losing her ever!
    Yall have a great and loving Thanksgiving,, you hear?,,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the pills will get the fluid out of her lungs. Like the vet said, maybe we could extend her life a little longer. That didn't give me a lot of hope. She seems to be doing a little better tonight.

      Delete