Wondering about wild grapes

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

H i-Yo Silver, Away!

If any of you are near my age, you will remember the TV show, The Lone Ranger".  Clayton Moore and Jay Silverheels were the stars of the show, Clayton played the Lone Ranger, Jay played his faithful sidekick, Tonto.  I will post a couple of pictures to spur your memory.

This first one is of Clayton Moore in the Lone Ranger costume:


And this one is of him without the mask.  I bet you always wondered what the Lone Ranger looked like unmasked:

Of course we can't leave out Tonto.  Since Jay Silverheels, who played Tonto, was a real Native American, I can't say for sure if he is in costume or not.  Maybe he always dressed this way:


Well, did I jog your memory or are you younger than I am.  When I was a kid, I sure did enjoy those shows but just the other day, they aired one of those shows.  It sure did bring back memories for me and the reason I made this post.  Now, watch your partner's back and have a great day, you hear?

18 comments:

  1. You have educated me, I always thought it was "Hi-Ho Silver". Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a surprise to me. I always thought it was "Hi-Ho Silver", but Wikipedia says otherwise.

      Delete
  2. Yup, I even remember (barely) The Lone Ranger and Gunsmoke on the radio.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I listened to a lot of westerns on radio before we got our first TV.

      Delete
  3. I like the Lone Ranger better with the mask on. That was one radio show that translated pretty well to tv. Some of them didn't, but it could have been the actors who couldn't adjust to the screen. I loved the radio programs because it called on my imagination, which I always had plenty of. I prefer my imagination to that of some TV producers, even to this day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My wife listens to old radio shows on Sirius XM Radio. It even has the old radio Gunsmoke show with William Conrad as Dillon.

      Delete
    2. As a kid in South Dakota we listened when we got home from school.

      Delete
  4. When I was around 9/10 I met him in an arena in Rochester, NY. That would be around sixty years ago!




    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That must have been a real thrill for a kid that age. You are a little younger than I am if I added things up correctly.

      Delete
  5. I had turned off my Directv last month since there wasn't a darn thing worth watching anymore. So now I am using one of those indoor antenna's and there are lots of westerns to watch, Lone Ranger, Roy Rodgers, Rifle Man, Bonanza,Gun Smoke and so many more. I'm quite happy with it especially since it's free

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow!! You can get all that with just a regular antenna? I have Dish Satellite and like all the selections that it has. Of course it costs $$$

      Delete
    2. There are no sports channels or I think I did see something. They have better antenna that get more channels but I'm good with what I get all the local channels and PBS

      Delete
    3. If you are happy with what you have then there is no sense spending lots of money on anything more. Enjoy.

      Delete
  6. I sure do remember that show. It was one of my favorites growing up. I happened to have the privilege of living in the same city as Jay Silverheels back in the 70's and no he didn't always wear his Native American outfits, but he sure was a nice person. Never had the pleasure of seeing Clayton Moore tho.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't have been able to recognize Clayton Moore if I did see him. . . but if he put on the mask and a white cowboy hat, maybe then.

      Delete
  7. I can hear the theme song in my head...

    ReplyDelete