Wondering about wild grapes

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Tomato Off The Vine.

We only have two tomato plants this year and both of them are patio tomatoes planted in containers.  The one plant bears cherry tomatoes and so far we have picked and eaten eight or so small tomatoes, and the other one bears full sized tomatoes.  Today was special.  The first full sized tomato was ripe enough to pick and eat, and yes, we did both and boy was it good.


Since these plants are in large containers, we can move them around depending on weather conditions and if they need sun or shade.  This is a whole lot easier than doing the garden again, and cheaper.  I would have had to buy fencing and replace the broken down fencing that was put there last year to keep the rabbits out.  So, we took the easy way out this year and bought plants that were already blooming with small fruits (vegetables?) on them.  Works for me.  Now you all have a great day, you hear?

18 comments:

  1. I bought 2 tomato plants at the Farmer's Market last week... a cherry tomato and a (maybe) Big Boy. Like yours, these will go into containers (5 gallon buckets)... but... it will be months before we have a ripe tomato.... I so envy yours! Visions of a BLT come to mind... yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tomatoes that you grow and pick yourself always taste better than store bought ones.

      Delete
  2. Nothing quite like fresh picked home grown Tomatoes, enjoy them, yummy !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man...that tomato sure looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That tomato could have top billing in a BLT, (Tbl?).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, a Tbl. But it was just so good, I ate it all and it didn't even need salt.

      Delete
  5. Thats when i dont care about a sore tongue... lololol. I should have done that, with one for green beans too.... ooo gosh. wheres that road side stand? hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you should eat the yellow ones. I believe that they are lower in acid.

      Delete
  6. Nothing like it, huh, Dizzy? Good for you ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's fore sure and it sure was good, good, good. . .

      Delete
  7. That sure looks good Dizzy. I'm struggling to keep my Azalea alive to hot here already and the wind has been terrible

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lucky you, I have a brown thumb (in more ways than one) jajajaja :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then I guess it is a good thing you are staying in the desert.

      Delete
  9. I tried growing tomato plants on my patio, but they grew so tall that the wind would blow them over. I live in a very windy area. So now I just go the local farmers market and buy tomatoes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When the wind picks up or it storms, I move them in under the roof of the screened in back porch.

      Delete