Wondering about wild grapes

Saturday, May 7, 2016


I found some interesting facts on the Internet that I thought you would enjoy reading.  I printed them in a different color so you could tell the difference in my comments and the copied facts.  Here is the first one:

The legendary Mark Twain was born in 1835 and died in 1910. He was born on a day when Halley’s Comet appeared and before his death he said, “I came in with Halley’s Comet in 1835. It is coming again next year, and I expect to go out with it.” And he did died in 1910 when Comet appeared.

If I were Major Summerford, I would only venture outside on days with clear, blue skies without any hints of clouds:

Major Summerford was hit by lightning continuously through out his life and even after. The first time he was hit was in 1918. Then in 1924 again lightning struck him and paralyzed his body. He recovered from it in few years but to again fall for lighting as in 1930 he was again struck by lightning leaving him permanently paralyzed. In 1932 he died but lightning had still not left chasing him as in 1936, lightning struck his tombstone and destroyed it.

I guess that if someone upstairs doesn't like you, there is no place you can hide, even after death.  Now, since the above fact included lightning, here is another fact about lightning:

In 1899, lightning killed a person in Italy. In 1929 his son was killed again by lightning and to make matters worse in 1949 his grandson was killed and the killer was again- Lightning.

The next fact was new to me.  I guess I could use that sentence to brush up on my Morse code:

The sentence “The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.” Uses every letter in the alphabet.
(developed by Western Union to test telex/twx communications.)


Wow, I am sure glad that we are in the tallest five creatures that walk on this Earth:

95% of the creatures on earth are smaller than a chicken egg.

This next one is for you, Barney:

There are 336 dimples on a regulation golf ball.

I always liked Donald Duck and didn't think there was anything inappropriate about him.  I suppose that all the farm animals in Finland wear pants???:

Donald Duck comics were banned in Finland because he doesn’t wear pants.

I didn't know this next one, either.  Yep, I had to try it, did you?

Stewardesses is the longest word typed with only the left hand.

This next one is self explanatory.  I guess that sign was needed since the window looked like a door to too many people:



Yep, this road looks a little on the damp side for sure.  That sign was right:


I sure hope you smiled as much as I did when I first saw these.  I think everyone looks better with a smile on their faces.  Me, I just grin a lot.  Now, you all have a great day, you hear?

11 comments:

  1. I actually knew a few of these facts... Mark Twain for one... my Aunt Harriet was born in 1910 but lived to be in her 80's so she saw the comet.. no doubt for the first time. And that sentence that uses every letter of the alphabet was also used in my 10th grade typing class. Guess this tells you a bit about the kind of trivia I collect, huh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This coming July 8th, Haley's comet will be back in the night sky. I think that this is the year.

      Delete
  2. Sorry DD, Golf balls have different numbers of dimples and shapes of dimples and patterns of dimples that are extremely proprietary to the manufacturer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know that, but I have never played a round of golf in my life. I just copied that off a listing of supposedly true facts. It says regulation, could that mean that in a high stakes tournament they all have to use that one special kind of ball??

      Delete
  3. I wonder about the folks who have such problems with lightning. Maybe there is something in their bodies that attracts it? But that wouldn't explain the tombstone being hit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Dad had a friend that was hit with lightning multiple times. When a storm was brewing, it was prudent to stay away from that guy!! (grin)

      Delete
  4. I wrote in a blog back somewhere, that i was hit in my house, when it hit my antenna, and traveled down thru the walls and flashed across the top of my stove and hit me. Had a red spot. Now i always look around if its close.

    ReplyDelete
  5. was on 3-21-12.. looked it up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, made me smile a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The smile on your face is spreading, now, since I read your comment, I am smiling, too.

      Delete