Wondering about wild grapes

Monday, January 11, 2016

Where is Stuff Made

"In the beginning, God created the heaven and the earth... After that, everything else was Made in China."

I can remember a few years after the war, that saying was "everything else was Made in Japan".

OK, so where is most of the worlds goods made?  Actually that is not the question I want to ask.  I want to ask what country makes the most goods that are exported to other countries.  Oh yes, I answered this question in the first sentence of my blog posting.  Yes, it is China.  The U.S.A. imports a lot of stuff from a lot of countries.  The top few are China, Mexico, Japan, Germany, and a lot more, including Taiwan and India.  Also, South America ships a lot of goods to us including fruits and vegetables.  Yes, I would say we are a consumer nation.  Maybe that is why the US dollar is known and sought after all over the world.  As of lately, that seems to be changing.  I sure hope it doesn't change too fast or while I am still alive.  I don't know about you, but I like living in the number one best country in the world.  Some may think other countries, like Switzerland, Norway, etc. may be as good if not better, but my vote still goes to the good ole U.S.A. and living in Texas is an additional benefit.  Of course it may even get better after the next presidential election.  'Nuff Said.  You all have a great day, you hear? 

12 comments:

  1. I'm glad your vote goes for your homeland of the USA. I would imagine there is a lot of importing and exporting with that country directly north of you, eh.

    Take good care, good sir.

    Gary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, Canada and the US do a lot of trading, as does Canada with the rest of the world.

      Delete
  2. I wish we would make more products here in the US and buy less foreign made goods. Keep jobs here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. But we were the greatest producing country in the world for a lot years. And as far as I am concerned, we are still on top of the list. But that is just my personal opinion. You know, root for the home team.

      Delete
  3. Agree with you, Linda. Or encourage consumers to buy the more expensive, but probably better quality, "Made in the USA" products.
    Yes, Dizzy, even a bad day in Texas is better than a good day in ... you fill in the blank. Hear that, Billy Bob?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that is for sure. Now, where did I hear that before. . .??

      Delete
  4. agreed, but one time i considered living in Mexico in one of the US communities. Cost a little of nothing to do, and right across the border.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't speak Spanish, do you? It took me awhile to learn Texan. It seems every different section of our country has saying that mean special things to people living in that area

      Delete
  5. You asked the other day about "best day"... well, there was a day when Bill & I grew (or raised) most of our own food... veggies, eggs, milk, chickens, goats, rabbits... not off the grid but had a compost toilet, a huge outside "furnace" that provided us with hot water... and while we still bought our clothes, shoes and many, many other things, we lived real close to the land. We didn't live in Texas, but we did a fairly decent job of living locally. Where we're at here in Mexico, the local folks are not wealthy... but they live close to the land... and more important... they live close to family... generations live in the same house... taking care of each other. I know... this isn't where your blog was taking us... I got off on my own thoughts... but this living here is closer to my ideal than going to Walmart or HEB to shop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Back when I was growing up, the neighborhoods took care of their own. People helped people. Now-a-days they seem to look the other way instead of helping.

      Delete
  6. My home town is one of those places where stuff used to be made. It also had almost three times the population it does now

    At one time I could walk into a store anywhere in the US and find something made in my hometown. Maybe things will turn around again someday. Stranger things have happened.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It may turn around. History has a way of repeating itself. Maybe it is because we don't learn the first time.

      Delete