Wondering about wild grapes

Friday, January 1, 2016

What Will 2016 Be Like.

I wonder what the new year, 2016, will bring.  It was cloudy, damp, and raining here when the new year arrived, which was alright with me.  The rain eased my fear of fire ignited by all the fireworks going off all around my property, so to me, it was a blessing.

So, what will this new year bring us.  I looked out the window this morning, after putting out the bird feeders and a few piles of bird seed on the ground.  What I saw pleasured me.  There were a pair of doves feeding on the seed that I put on the ground, so I figured it was a sign of a peaceful year to come.  Then my hopes were dashed when the two doves started fighting over the food.  Why, I wondered, when there was more than enough for all of them and the piles were scattered far enough apart.

Oh well, why should I let a couple of doves predict what kind of year I will have.  Whatever comes this year, I am sure we all will be able to take it in stride and hopefully without bickering between ourselves.  Bickering and fighting doesn't solve a thing.  Take those two doves, the fight didn't help either of them, because when the one flew away to get out of the squabble, the other took off to follow it.  Doves are supposed to be a sign of peace.  The cardinals are always chasing each other away and fighting, maybe that is because when they look at each other they see red. . . OK, no fighting today, just have a great day, you hear?

13 comments:

  1. It is going to be a great year. I am upright, breathing and something hurts so all is good. Headed to a New Years feast with friends so the year is making a great start. Have fun up there in the frozen north country.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather forecast for the next six days says that highs will never be out of the 60's. Winter is here.

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year and like Barney says we are upright and breathing so thats a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ain't always upright, but since I sit in a rocker/recliner, I am moving (rocking) all the time.

      Delete
  3. At my age, i always wonder if ill make it or not. Then, how far,,,just the way it is, i dont worry or even let it bother me. Sometimes, when im in pain, and wonder if ill ever be pain free, i sure dont care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess pain is a way to know that you are still alive. Although, I could think of a lot better ways, (grin).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess I kinda live in LaLa land... whatever happens just happens and we deal with it the best we can. (Even if we didn't have any water for showers this morning)... I truly give thanks for every day I have here on earth... and when the time comes, hope those days "hereafter" are blessed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You sure do have the right attitude. I agree with you whole heartedly.

      Delete
  6. I agree with Essay - and thankful for every day I have. I spent New Year's Eve with my daughter and her family, and bought some tamales for our supper - somewhere I think I've heard that tamales on New Year's Eve bring good luck in the coming year. Jeannie heard it's good luck to fill a pan of water and cast all the troubles from the old year into it, and then throw the pan of water outside the house thereby throwing your troubles away. We should be covered for 2016!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to take each day as it comes, whether it brings good or bad.

      Delete
  7. It's been a great year so far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it has. The weather could be nicer, though. Not much went wrong today.

      Delete
  8. My life became devastated when my husband sent me packing, after 8 years that we have been together. I was lost and helpless after trying so many ways to make my husband take me back. One day at work, i was absent minded not knowing that my boss was calling me, so he sat and asked me what its was all about i told him and he smiled and said that it was not a problem. I never understand what he meant by it wasn't a problem getting my husband back, he said he used a spell to get his wife back when she left him for another man and now they are together till date and at first i was shocked hearing such thing from my boss. He gave me an email address of the great spell caster who helped him get his wife back, i never believed this would work but i had no choice that to get in contact with the spell caster which i did, and he requested for my information and that of my husband to enable him cast the spell and i sent him the details, but after two days, my mom called me that my husband came pleading that he wants me back, i never believed it because it was just like a dream and i had to rush down to my mothers place and to my greatest surprise, my husband was kneeling before me pleading for forgiveness that he wants me and the kid back home, then i gave Happy a call regarding sudden change of my husband and he made it clear to me that my husband will love me till the end of the world, that he will never leave my sight. Now me and my husband is back together again and has started doing pleasant things he hasn't done before, he makes me happy and do what he is suppose to do as a man without nagging. Please if you need help of any kind, kindly contact Happy for help and you can reach him via email: happylovespell2@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete