Wondering about wild grapes

Friday, October 2, 2015

How Do You Find a Subject.

How do you all find a subject to write about?  I usually can think of something by the time my computer gets fired up.  I usually think of all kinds of great subjects at night laying in bed just before I fall asleep. . . and of course, by morning, I can't remember even one of them.  Such is the case today.  I have read all the new postings of the blogs that I follow, had breakfast, and am sipping a good, strong cup of coffee.

Yesterday, we needed groceries and supplies and went to town.  Just before the entrance of Walmart, the needle on my temperature gauge started going up and before I could get turned in and parked, the alarm went off.  We didn't purchase any food items.  I just bought a couple of gallons of water and a couple of gallons of coolant.  My wife and I then walked around in the store to let the Jeep cool off.  When I got back, I started the engine and filled up the coolant reservoir with water.  The temp gauge went down to normal and stayed that way the whole way home.  No problems at all.  Before I go anywhere this morning, I will check the fluid level first.

OK, wish me luck.  Off to Wall-Mart again.  I will let you know when I get back if I had any more over-heating problems.  Until then, you all have a great day, you hear?  

12 comments:

  1. Something is wrong with the Jeep. The cooling system does not consume coolant if everything is in good shape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I know, but I can not find any other leaks. Today, we went back to purchase the food, etc. that we needed and didn't get yesterday, and the Jeep ran just fine. I will keep checking the water reservoir every time I drive it.

      Delete
  2. I know nothing about cars.... Only how to put gas in the tank and how to check the oil. Hope your jeep doesn't have any serious problems

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it happens again, I will take it to a radiator shop.

      Delete
  3. We had a similar problem last winter with out Saturn. Over heated one day and I added coolant. good for about 10 days and did it again. Had it checked out and a very tiny almost invisible leak in our water pump. Replaced water pump and has been good ever since.
    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will check the water pump, too. That Jeep, other than than the RV, is my only means of transportation.

      Delete
  4. Head gasket, maybe? Cylinder head, not human head, though I've had problems with both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Jeep is ten years old, and I don't remember having to add fluid to it before. Don't you know, old cars and old men just dry up and blow away. . .

      Delete
  5. I commented a couple of hours ago, but my comment never appeared. Now I can't remember what I said!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe it leaks only when youre driving it. Evaporates before you can find where its coming from that way. But,, not doing it all the time doesnt make sense either... lol, good luck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not much of mechanic but only work on cars when absolutely necessary. I will keep a watch on it. It did just fine today. Yep, that don't make sense to me.

      Delete