Wondering about wild grapes

Friday, June 15, 2012

Wondering about funny definitions.


There are some definitions of words, mostly product names, that people have come up with to put a little grin on your face.  Not sure what I am talking about?  Well, I am never really sure what I am talking about, so good luck. (Grin)  OK, how about an example of what I mean.  A Ford product has a couple of common definition such as “Fix Or Repair Daily” or another one that goes similar to this, “Freak’n Old Rebuilt Dodge”.  If you are an amateur radio operator (ham) you probably have heard what ICOM stands for: “I can only monitor”.

I am sure that there are many, many more of these definitions but I am going to stop here before I get in trouble.  Now, why don’t you tell me some of your favorite ones?  I bet that everyone knows some that we would get a laugh out of, so scratch your heads, remember the ones you like the best, and put them in the comments, OK?  Now, you all have a great Friday, you hear?

5 comments:

  1. Sorry Dizzy, I can't use my favorite ones in polite company.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's one I can use: NAPA auto parts -Never Any Parts Available.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sixbears, I know what you mean on the first comment and I like the the second one, never heard that before and my late Father-in-law owned a NAPA store.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never can remember one when I need it! Isn't that always the case?

    ReplyDelete