Wondering about wild grapes

Monday, October 1, 2018

New Light.

I bought myself a new hand held light the other day.  It is quite versatile.  First of all, you can hold it like a flashlight or hold it like a lantern by the attached handle.  It has a powerful beam.  I pointed it at a lot of the trees on my place and it sure did light them up, even the ones two and three hundred yards away.  Yep, I have that mush space on my place.  In the picture below, you can see that it isn't very large:


This next picture is looking into the front of it.  You can see the reflector but just look at how tiny that little bulb is!!  I wouldn't expect it to be able to the job, but it does.

And guess what powers this mighty little light?  Yep, just three double A batteries.  These fit at the rear under the screw off end. 

I think that it will get a lot of use.  I think I finally found a light that will do all that I want it to do except write this blog and I had to do that (grin).  Now that I tried to light up your lives with this posting, I want you all to have a great day, you hear?

15 comments:

  1. With LED technology the size of Flashlights has really changed. Glad you are lighting up your life.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it sure does light up my life and everything else I point it at.

      Delete
  2. I haven't gotten with the program yet! I have quite a few flashlights, but they are all the old fashioned kind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When it is dark, any light will do just fine. I guess I didn't need that light but for some reason, I just had to get it.

      Delete
  3. I have one incandescent bulb flashlight that uses D cells, all the rest I have use AA or AAA & LED bulbs. The new LED bulbs are amazing.
    3 AA batteries & you can light up the trees 300 yards away! Amazing is a good word.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where do you still find D cells to purchase. Don't seem to have any of them around here any more. Guess they are fazing them out.

      Delete
    2. I don't have any either, that's probably why that flashlight is so dim these days :-)
      I ought to go find some D cells, it's better than my small LED lights for distance & such , it's a 3 D cell Maglite.
      Or look for a modern LED light of the same size!

      Delete
  4. Sooooo where did you buy it? I have some great flash lights and camping lamps but they are really heavy because they use so many either C or D batteries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Academy is the store I got it at here in Conroe, TX.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for shining a light on this subject for us! Can never have too much light, ya know?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good way of putting it, Jim. Thanks. You are right, when you need light to do something on a dark night, you need as much as you can get.

      Delete
  6. Well, you lit up my life with your cool new lantern. Looks like a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could lite up your life, didn't know the light beam from that my little light could reach that far (grin). And yes, it is a keeper for sure.

      Delete
  7. Hello Dizzy-Dick... I know you didn't mention the name of the product, but I'd like to know what it is. I tried to research through your photos, but unable.
    Thanks,
    Dino

    ReplyDelete