Wondering about wild grapes

Monday, October 3, 2016

Wife Compared To Mom

Compare your wife to your mom. . . DON'T!!  No, don't ever do that, not now, not tomorrow, not ever!  Do you hear me?  Do you understand?  That is a mistake that men make and live (if he survives) to regret it.  In fact, don't ever tell your wife that she should be more like some other female.  Remember, your wife is the most important person in your life and rightly should be.  I found this poem on line that brings the point home clearer than I can:

A Woman's Poem

He didn't like the casserole
And he didn't like my cake,
He said my biscuits were too hard
Not like his mother used to make.
I didn't perk the coffee right
He didn't like the stew,
I didn't mend his socks
The way his mother used to do.
I pondered for an answer
I was looking for a clue.
Then I turned around and
smacked him one
Like his mother used to do.

Poem by Maggie Nutt

OK, now have a nice day, you hear?

12 comments:

  1. Great poem, and all married men should pay heed! I guess it can work both ways, because I never met a man who could do anything like my Dad could! I was smart enough to keep my mouth shut about it, but boy did I ever think it all the time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your Mom and Pop should be honored, but when you leave home and get married, your spouse should take precedence.

      Delete
  2. I wondered where you were going with that title.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I could have gone off in many directions.

      Delete
  3. Good advice and one of the keys to a happy marriage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, we have been married for over 50 years. Had some ups and downs but here we are, still together.

      Delete
  4. Great advice for both husbands and wives. Never compare your spouse to someone else. Unfortunately it is something that can be easily done. Thanks for the good advice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only if you point out how much better your own wife is.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Yep, right on the side of the face. . . just like his Momma used to do.

      Delete
  6. I shared the poem with my neighbor and she printed it and put it on the fridge. Good advice Dizzy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was a good poem. It made me laugh, so of course I had to share it.

      Delete