Wondering about wild grapes

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Dignitaries that Live with Me.

I got three dignitaries that live at my house and allow me to serve them.  They just got back from the beauty parlor and they look and smell wonderful.  It sure is nice having those dignitaries here.

Before I go any further, let me break down the word dignitaries.  "Dig" means to remove something to get to what is under it.  You know, like when you dig through a pile of clothes in your dresser drawer to find that special shirt or dig through a lot of information to find a certain fact.  Well my pups that live with me like to dig in the dirt and through a pile of toys or what ever.

The middle part of that word is "ni" which stands for nickel.  I guess a dignitary is worth his weight in nickels, at least.  So, I may just have three very valuable pups.  At least they make me feel like I am a rich man and with their love and companionship, I am a very rich man.  They are the salt of my life and they add spice to an otherwise boring live.  Not that I have anything against being bored, as long as it is in my rocking/recliner with a pup beside me.

The last part of that word is "tarries".  That means to stay or linger in one place.  Yes, I hope they tarry with me until I am no longer.  There is no reason to not tarry here.  My wife even cooks gourmet food for them, and let me tell you, they were in quite a hurry to get back from the groomer's today to get their home cooked meal, even if it was a couple of hours or so late.  So now you know why they are dignitaries.

I remember way back when I was in school, they had some man come and speak to us in the auditorium.  He was introduced as an expert and he said he didn't like being called that.  He explained that if you took that word (expert) in two parts it would say ex-spurt and the meaning of ex means past and the meaning of spurt is a drip under pressure, so expert means a past drip under pressure.  Sometimes it is interesting to look deeper into what seems to be simple words.  Now have a great day, you hear?



12 comments:

  1. I like the way you give your pups so much care and attention. They seem to repay you in love and that's a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a big part of my family and they think they are humans. So what else can I do (grin)?

      Delete
  2. I've always liked words... like to dig into their meanings and origins. Love your definition of dignitary... yep, you've got some in your household!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are very fortunate to have 3 dignitaries in your house that take such good care of you and give you so much pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even though sometimes they get into trouble, we are very, very fortunate for sure.

      Delete
  4. Love your break-down of the word, and the build-up of your pups ~
    Happy Friday Eve!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do mean a whole lot to my wife and I. Glad you liked my word break-down.

      Delete
  5. Very clever post today. I still can't get over the fact that Mrs. Diz cooks them gourmet meals every day. They must feel like dignitaries, or kings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are dignitaries and only one of them is a king, the older female is the queen and the younger female is the princess. All are royalty.

      Delete
  6. Your pups sound a lot like mine. I have two miniature dachshunds and they are really the light of my days. We don't cook their meals, but I do home can hamburger to add to their kibble every evening, so I don't know which is the more pampering. They're worth it though as they give so much pleasure. Both are currently curled up on my lap as I type this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All our furry friends are all very, very special. Not just ours. I don't believe in having a dog if it is only tied up out in the yard all year round.

      Delete