Wondering about wild grapes

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Wondering About Budgies.

You all know what Budgies are, don't you?  Why of course you do, whether you know it or not.  No, I ain't talking about horse drawn buggies:
 
 Nor am I talking about baby buggies:


So, what are budgies?  Budgies are Parakeets.  All wild budgies were green/yellow.
 

Through breeding in captivity, blue and white ones were added and later on even more colors.
  

I had one when I was a kid and yes, it did talk some.  A couple that my parents knew had one.  The wife was real religious and the husband, not so much.  He really enjoyed teaching that parakeet to swear.  And he would really get his jollies when his wife was talking on the phone to the preacher and the bird would land on her shoulder next to the phone and start swearing a blue streak.  Gee, I wonder what ever happened to that parakeet?

Yes, I know, I shouldn't tell a story unless I know the ending, but I didn't have anything else in mind today and I would only be guessing about what happened to it and I am sure you all may have an idea of what happened to it.  Now, I hope your day doesn't go to the birds, but rather, have a great day, you hear?

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I try to learn something everyday, too. Glad I could be the one you learned from today.

      Delete
  2. You wonder what happened to the parakeet? I wonder what happened to the husband!

    Here I thought a budgie was a canary. Learn something new every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was all new to me, too, except the part about couple I mentioned. And they have both been dead for a long, long time.

      Delete
  3. My first Mother-in-law had a budgie she named "Pepper"... she taught him to say "pretty bird", and my father-in-law taught him to say "Oh S...T". I never had one... my family liked canaries and they could sing so beautifully. The last canary I had was Thanksgiving dinner for my cat.... oops....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about your cat's Thanksgiving dinner. It is hard to take the basic wild instincts out of animals that used to hunt for their dinner.

      Delete
  4. Budgies is the name for parakeets in England.
    I didn't know they were called that here, too.
    Happy Tails and Trails, Penny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know that about England. Thanks Penny.

      Delete
  5. i went into my dotter's house one time when she was gone, heard a baby kitten meowing, looked and looked, was her darn parakeet! lololol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess that they can imitate other animals, too.

      Delete
    2. TnT
      I like that. My conure copied my dog's bark. Oh, my amazement.

      Delete
    3. It sure is amazing what birds and animals can do!!

      Delete