Wondering about wild grapes

Monday, July 14, 2014

Wondering About This Weekend's Fleamarket Finds.

First of all, I had personal business to take care of this morning, and right after lunch we went and got groceries.  Didn't have time to write a blog until now.  Sorry I am late.

As always, we went to the local flea market this past weekend.  I got a small toy for myself and my wife brought home a lot of things.  I thought I would show you what I bought and a few of the things she got.  I picked up sportsman's thermometer:
 
 I am sure that it would work for most people, except there ain't enough snow down here in Texas to ski and I don't drink, golf, or work.  OK, that leaves stay in bed or go hunting or fishing.  Sounds like a pretty good plan to me.  What do you think?

My wife bought a lot of things and among them were four shadow boxes.  I could only lay my hands on three of them, I don't know where the fourth one is.  Its subject was pigs.  This first picture shows one about marriage:
 
 This next one is a baby teddy bear in a basket:
 
 This last one is a sprinkling can with flowers in it:

I don't know what she paid for the shadow boxes but I do know she really got a bargain on battery powered candles with timers.  Each one was in its own package and the bulb flickers.  I found them on the Internet and they were selling for $15.00 to $20.00 and she only paid ten cents a piece.  Here is a picture of one of the candles:

OK, that about covers our flea market finds for this week.  Of course there was a lot of good conversations and a whole lot of other treasures to look at.  Now you all have a great day, you hear?

5 comments:

  1. My day is finally over and it wasn't great. Any more wishes for me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missed you yesterday, catching up today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dizzy you guys must have a big house to put all the treasures you find weekly at the Flea Market.

    I liked the first shadow box of death dressed as a bride.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It has been so hot that I am surprised that you went to the flea market at all.
    Happy Tails and Trails, Penny, TX

    ReplyDelete